Well our Jell-o Playdough went down a real hit with the kids. The smells and feel of an extra smooth homemade playdough were fantastic. So we’ve got another easy playdough recipe to make at home this time with packets of Kool-Aid.
Again this one uses cream of tartar unlike our no cook playdough without cream of tartar which means that it will last longer and store better over time.
So here you go our a simple Kool-Aid Playdough Recipe you can make for kids.
Some of the best sensory experiments are when you can involved more than one sense.
This playdough not only feels fantastic, looks great with bright vibrant colours but also smells fantastic too.
Make up a batch and then set up a simple invitation to play like our simple mini-beasts playdough invitation and watch your kids have an amazing sensory learning experience.
Flavored and Colored Playdough with Kool-Aid
Like our Jell-o Playdough (link at the top) you can use whatever flavour of Kool-Aid you wish.
But the best ones are
- Cherry or Strawberry – produces bright red cherry or strawberry scented playdough
- Lemon Lime Kool-Aid – a green citrusy scented playdough
- Orange – use Orange Kool-Aid
- Blue Raspberry – a brilliant blue raspberry scented playdough
- Grape – our favourite and demonstrated here bright purple and ever so sweet
- Lemonade – yellow and summery this playdough is great for summer themed playdough trays
If you have all of them you can create a brilliant set of rainbow of playdoughs.
How to Store your Homemade Playdough
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
With cream of tartar in this playdough it means that it will last longer so one of the questions we get asked is how you can store your homemade playdough.
We actually use small take away cups for ours. They make the perfect size and we can portion them out so that a batch of playdough can be stored and shared between kids.
Top Tip – They also make great favours for birthday parties like this as well!
No Cream-Of-Tartar Recipe
We don’t always have cream-of-tartar at home. I literally buy it just for playdough.
So if we don’t have any instead a couple of squirts of lemon juice will act as a preservative and work just as well!
Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough Recipe
- Storage Containers for Playdough
- Put all of your ingredients into a saucepan.
- Stir constantly as you head the ingredients it will form a dough.
- Lightly flour a surface and turn out the dough to cool slightly.
- When the dough is cool to touch, knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Allow to cool completely before giving to your child to play.
More Homemade Playdough Recipes to Try
Playdough Activities for Kids
Why not use your homemade playdough in one of these easy low-prep activities for your kids
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.