This is an advert for How I Feel by Becky Goddard-Hill
How I feel is a brand-new activity book for children aged 3-7. Written by children’s wellbeing author and psychotherapist Becky Goddard-Hill. It contains 40 fun wellbeing activities to help young children talk more easily about their feelings. It also helps them to be kinder, happier, calmer, and braver and helps build up their self-belief and growth mindset.
How I Feel Book for Kids
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
This useful book is beautifully illustrated and packed to the brim with lovely things to do that make social emotional learning fun. It is also written in a clear and accessible style so many young children will be able to read it themselves.
Here Becky shares an extract form the book from the section on ways to feel calmer – it is a simple and fun activity that encourages kids to get outside and to get creative – to know new ways to help kids feel calmer.
Create a Nature Face
Scientists have found that spending time in nature makes you feel happy. Exercise makes you happy too, so going on a nature walk is a great idea.
On your nature walk
Take a bag or bucket with you to collect lots of little bits of nature.
Look for things like …
- Small twigs
- Little flowers
Be sure to wash your hands after picking them up!
When you get home…
- Draw an oval on a piece of card.
- Draw on eyes, a nose and a big smile.
- Use the things you have found in nature to make hair. Glue them on carefully
- Leave your picture to dry
You might want to make it look like you or someone you know. Perhaps you could make all your family?
Read Next: Family Portrait Collages for Kids
Top Tip: Going outside is a quick way to change how you feel
More of Becky’s Books and Activities here
- How to help kids feel peaceful
- Create your own calm Yoga for kids
- Make your own kindness journal
- Boosting kids confidence
- Apple Bird Feeder from a Year of Nature Walks
- Rubbish the Recycled Robot – Create your Own Happy
- Leaf Art for Halloween – A Year of Nature Craft and Play
How I Feel is available to purchase here
The How I feel Blogger Book Tour
You can find more extracts and Ideas from How I Feel by taking a look at the rest of the book tour bloggers posts
- Feb 1 How to Help Children Feel Happier over on Who’s the Mummy
- Feb 2 Helping Kids with a Powerful Self Image over on We’re going on an Adventure
- Feb 5 Penny Reads
- Feb 6 In the Playroom
- Feb 7 You’re here today!
- Feb 8 Ummah
- Feb 9 Life Loving
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.