Are you looking for some easy Valentine’s Day Treats to cook with the kids? A fun activity you can do together for the holiday? These adorable little Valentine’s Kiss cookies are an easy recipe for baking with kids. Simple and easy to make and look as sweet as they taste. So here you go our easy Valentine’s Cookie recipe to cook with kids the perfect gifts to share with friends and family.
Easy Valentine’s Day Treats
Holidays are the perfect opportunity to get cooking with the kids and involve the entire family. There are so many delicious recipes that you can try from sugar cookies to other delicious sweet treats like fudge.
Cookies are one of our favourite things to bake and these cookies for Valentine’s Day are really simple to make and a fun treat to share.
Unlike a lot of cookie recipes I’ve tried these are so easy and you won’t even need to dig around for your cookie cutters these are just scooped cookie dough and cook so much easier to do with kids especially if like me you are trying to cook with 2 or more at the same time.
Are you cooking with your toddler for the first time? Before you start why not have a quick read of our tried and tested tips for cooking with toddlers.
Valentine’s Cookie Ingredients
This recipe will make approximately 36 cookies.
The full ingredients with measurements in below but here’s an overview, unlike some classic cookies you aren’t going to need any fancy frosting or icing sugar to decorate we’re simply going to add a little Hershey Kiss or chocolate chip to the top of them.
- 3 ½ cups plain or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon red gel food coloring
- 36 Hershey’s Kisses or chocolate chips
Looking for more Valentine’s Day Recipes to cook with kids check out our simple heart-shaped pizza for Valentine’s Day
Valentine Cookies Equipment
To make it easier to cook with kids as young as toddlers I like to measure out the different ingredients into small bowls first. As these are all in a separate bowl they are already prepared for the little kids who have short attention spans to add them together and mix.
As well as the bowls you are going to need this equipment but leave the heart cookie cutter and rolling pin in the draw you won’t need it for this cookie recipe.
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheets
- Cookie Scoop
- Large mixing bowl
- Spoon to stir
Subscribe today for our Favourite Recipes to Cook with Kids Straight to your inbox
How to Make Valentine’s Cookies with Kids
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla, and food coloring and beat until well combined.
5. Add the flour and mix until a thick dough begins to form.
6. Use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop the dough, then roll the dough into a ball.
7. Place the ball on the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are just beginning to brown.
8. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a Hershey’s Kiss or chocolate chip cookie into the top of each cookie.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
Printable Valentine’s Cookie Recipe to Bake with Kids
So how do you make them? Well just scroll on down click the print and get your copy. Don’t forget to save the recipe to find again as little fingers will cover the recipe with dough at some point.
PRINTABLE VALENTINES GAMES IN OUR RAINY DAY MUM STORE
Easy Valentine’s Day Cookies to Cook with Kids
- Small bowls Measure the ingredients in advance into these especially when cooking with toddlers or preschoolers
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie Sheet or baking sheet if you don't have a specific cookie sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie scoop an Ice cream scoop will work as well
- Spoon for mixing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and food coloring and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix until a thick dough begins to form.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough, then roll the dough into a ball.
- Place the ball on the baking sheet and then add the second cookie and so on.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a Hershey’s Kiss into the top of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
More Cookie Recipes to Cook with Kids
Did you enjoy making these cookies? Want try baking some other cookies with the kids? Here’s our favourite cookies to cook with kids.
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.