Do your kids love pizza? If they do then they are going to enjoy cooking this simple Valentine’s Pizza with homemade dough with you. Pizza is so easy to make with kids. You can use our simple pizza dough recipe. When they were young we started a tradition on Valentine’s that we cooked Heart Shaped Pizza’s for dinner together.
If you’d like to start the tradition too check out the easy recipe for Valentine’s Pizza below and enjoy.
Valentine’s Pizza Recipe
Pizza dough is one of the most forgiving doughs to make and you and your kids will find it really easy to do.
If you do have a bread machine then you can put it on, leave it to go and come back when the dough is ready to part bake and prepare the toppings.
Even if you don’t have a bread maker the pizza by hand is simple and it really doesn’t take as much kneading as normal bread.
Subscribe today for our Favourite Recipes to Cook with Kids Straight to your inbox
PRINTABLE FUN VALENTINES GAMES IN OUR RAINY DAY MUM STORE
Some fun Valentine’s Cards for Toddlers and Preschoolers to make too!
Not sure about making the dough yourself – then packet mixes work just as well although personally we find that they don’t have as much flavour as when you bake it yourself.
This Valentine’s Pizza is so easy.
Check out these simple Valentine’s Day Cookies that you and your kids could make for dessert as well.
Ingredients for your Heart Pizza to Cook with Kids
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Pizza Sauce – we use this recipe every time
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices of pepperoni
How to Cook Valentine’s Day Pizza with Kids
1. Make up the pizza dough according to the recipe.
2. Preheat oven to 220C.
3. Using the large heart cookie cutter cut the pizza dough into 4 hearts.
4. Place on baking pan or pizza stone and bake the crust for 10 minutes.
5. Use the small heart cookie cutter to cut heart-shaped pepperoni. Set aside.
6. Remove the heart-shaped pizza bases from the oven and top each pizza with pizza sauce.
7. Sprinkle the top with the shredded mozzarella.
8. Place three heart-shaped pepperoni on each pizza.
9. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted. Then Enjoy!
Printable Valentine’s Day Pizza Recipe for Cooking with Kids
Want to make it easy to cook this recipe in your home kitchen. Then use this printable recipe card below and remember to bookmark the page so that you can find the recipe time and time again.
Heart Shaped Pizza Recipe to Cook with Kids
- 1.5 inch heart cookie cutter
- 5 inch heart cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Using the large heart cookie cutter cut the pizza dough into 4 hearts.
- Place on baking pan or pizza stone and bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Use the small heart cookie cutter to cut heart-shaped pepperoni. Set aside.
- Remove the heart-shaped pizza bases from the oven and top each pizza with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place three heart-shaped pepperoni on each pizza.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.