Although we love making our own pizza dough with the kids. Friday nights have become our family pizza night and we’re all over the place with busy kids. So we’ve turned to our bread machine and making the pizza dough in it.
This recipe is easy to through together and then you add your own favourite kid-friendly pizza toppings or do what we do and divide the pizza up into individual bases and let each person make their own.
So here we go your easy recipe for bread machine pizza dough.
Bread Maker Pizza Dough Recipe
Depending on your bread maker the settings for the dough may be different.
In one machine the pizza dough setting takes 50 minutes in the other about 45. You will need to factor this into the timings for making this.
Our timings go -> put all the ingredients in the bread maker before heading out on the afternoon school run with a timer to start at 4:30pm.
Then when we get home around 5:30 the dough is ready and we can split it into individual pizzas (this recipe makes 2 12inch or 4 6inch pizzas).
The secret is to let the base cook for a little for a crusty base before adding the homemade sauce which is so quick you can make whilst it cooks and have some time to spare!
Add our homemade sauce (which we freeze a batch off to use) and then add some toppings and cheese.
It’s a great way for an easy Friday night family dinner.
Bread Maker Pizza Dough & Freezable Sauce Recipe
- Bread Machine
- Rolling Pin
Ingredients for the Pizza Dough
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 1 can chopped tomatoes 454g/14oz
- 1 jar tomato paste 180g/6oz
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Mozzarella cheese
- Layer ingredients in the bread machine pan: water, olive oil, sugar, salt, and flour.
- Make a well in the flour and add the yeast.
- Close the lid and set the bread maker to pizza dough cycle or dough cycle if your bread machine doesn’t have a pizza cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, remove the dough from the pan and place on a lightly floured surface. Separate the dough into two equal balls.
- For a crisp crust, cover the dough and allow to rest for 15 minutes before rolling into a disk and baking. For a chewy crust, place dough in a greased bowl and cover. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or up to overnight before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll into the desired size. Place on baking pan or pizza stone and bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking, make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until the sauce is smooth.
- Spread the sauce over the top of the baked pizza crust. Top with cheese and pepperoni.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
Why not use this recipe to make a delicious Heart Shaped Pizza with the Kids.