Are you looking for an easy peasy Halloween craft for your toddlers, then these paper plate pumpkins created with a salad spinner are ideal. Just dust off the salad spinner gather the materials and let your toddlers create this simple craft for Halloween that you can do in just a few minutes, let dry and decorate.
Halloween Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
Have you seen the paint spinners that create pretty patterns? Although not expensive you can do it for free if you have an old salad spinner that you never use handy. It’s ever so easy to make and the kids will love the patterns that are made as well as the act of spinning itself.
This Halloween Spinner Art is so simple you and your toddler can easily make it together, you’ll just need a paper plate some appropriate Halloween colours and a way to make your Jack-o-Lantern Face!
FREE Printable Halloween Games
Subscribe to Rainy Day Mum today and receive a pack of 6 Halloween Games to play
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
What you need to make Spin Art Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft with Toddlers
Prep Ahead For Parents
To make it easier and quicker I recommend that you precut the black construction paper or gummed paper so that your toddler will be all ready to use once the paint is dry.
If you use gummed paper then this activity is great to save to do with others in the paper.
Watch our EASY Halloween Craft for KIDS Video
Check out this simple Halloween Craft for Toddlers in the video below that you can make together.
How to make these Paper Plate Pumpkins
1. Cut the paper plate to fit inside of your salad spinner. It may fit perfect but check first.
2. Pour in your chosen colours of washable paints, we picked red and yellow for ours.
3. Place the lid on securely and then let your little one spin the dial.
4. Repeat as many times as you would like, you could create a whole family of pumpkins or just 5 to use with the rhyme 5 Little Pumpkins.
5. Remove the pumpkins and allow to dry.
Pumpkin Books to Read
Whilst the paint dries why not snuggle up together on the sofa and read one of these fantastic pumpkin books together.
If you’ve had enough of Pumpkins then why not read one fantastic Halloween Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers!
6. If you wish you could fill in the gaps on the paper plate with crayons, paints or markers it’s up to you!
7. With some precut face shapes add in your eyes, nose and mouth for the paper plate pumpkin faces.
If your toddlers loved using the salad spinner then why not leave it out and create a Spin Art Fish next.
More Pumpkin Crafts and Activities for Halloween with Toddlers
- Get creative and make a Five Little Pumpkin Counting Book together
- Practice some numbers with a DIY Pumpkin Patch Number Game
- Create and use a fun stamped pumpkin number line with your toddlers
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.