One of our favourite themes for spring is to head to the farm with our toddlers and preschoolers. As we learn about all of the new life, from little chicks and piglets, through to the crops that are growing. Here are just a few of our favourite farm themed activities to do with your toddlers and preschoolers this year.
Farm Theme for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Head on over and get our FREE printable Farm Animal Domino Cards to play together with your toddlers and preschoolers for some simple and easy fun.
Set up a simple farm themed sensory play bin for your toddlers and preschoolers with animals, trucks and more and sing one of our favourite Farm Themed Nursery Rhymes as well – Old MacDonald had a Farm.
Head to the farm but before you go why not read our Top Tips for visiting the farm with your toddlers and preschoolers.
Start on the journey to read with this Farm Animal Beginning Sounds Activity using your toy animals. You can also get a farm animal bingo game for free to download and play as well.
Work on counting out objects with your preschoolers with this easy DIY Farm Themed Math Game using your toy animals.
Let’s build some houses for our favourite 3 little pigs on the farm with this DIY shape stick building houses activity.
Make your own matching game for toddlers and preschoolers with this easy DIY Farm Animal Memory Game with stickers.
Looking for some crafts to go with the farm theme? Then check out some of our favourite simple farm animal crafts for toddlers and preschoolers.
Farm Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Why not match the domino game with reading some fantastic farm books together. Here’s a pick of our favourites.
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows that Type by Doreen Cornin
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson
- Duck on a Tractor by David Shannon
Other Farm Themed Ideas for Tots
We’ve looked around and found some other fantastic ideas for a farm theme on other sites, why not have a look at these as well.
- Farm First Word Sounds- Teach Beside Me
- Click Clack Alphabet Letter Learning Laptop Activity- JDaniel4’s Mom
- Farm Animal Letter Stamping – Mama Smiles
- Farm Themed Name Recognition – Inspiration Laboratories
- Farm Animal Math – My Storytime Corner
- Farm Themed Sensory Bin-The Moments at Home
- Easy Farm Animal Dump and Sort for Toddlers – Toddler Approved
- Egg Science Experiment With Inertia – Preschool Powol Packets
- Farm Animal Dice Game – My Bored Toddler
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.