Last year we made some really easy Decorated Oreo Snowmen for a quick Christmas Snack for kids to make and we loved it so much that this year we decided to share another Christmas Oreo Snack for kids to make this time a Rudolph and Reindeer Oreo Cookie Snack.
Inspired by one of our favourite Christmas Books and Songs this is relatively easy to make and the kids will love them for their Christmas Parties at school. We used Mint Oreos for a peppermint Christmas flavour but you could easily swap them for one of the other Oreos.
Easy Reindeer Christmas Snack for Kids Christmas Parties
These are best made in a couple of stages. The first is to make the antlers for your Reindeer.
Then using the same Bow Mold that we used for our Witches Cupcakes create a fondant bow for the female reindeer.
Lastly put it all together and finish it off and serve to your Kids Christmas Party Guests.
Ingredients for these Reindeer Cookies that you May Not Have to Hand
Some of the recipes we make here on Rainy Day Mum use basic ingredients and others like these use ingredients that we don’t typically keep to hand but that are easy to get hold of.
These ingredients are linked to Amazon. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission.
Rudolph and Reindeer Decorated Oreos
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 C powdered sugar
- brown gel food colouring
Bows for the Female Reindeer
- 1 Bow fondant mold
- 1 package of red fondant
Reindeer Oreo Cookies
- 1 package of Mint double stuffed oreos
- 40 oz chocolate buttons
- 20 Red M&M's
- Using a stand mixer, beat together the egg whites, cream of tartar, and powdered sugar until stiff white peaks form, about 7-10 minutes
- Beat in several drops of brown gel food colouring.
- Scoop the icing into the piping bag.
- Place the white sheet of paper with antlers drawn under the greaseproof paper.
- Using the brown icing, outline the antlers following.
- Fill in the antlers with the remainder of the icing in the piping bag.
- Repeat steps until you have 20 sets of antlers.
- Allow to dry overnight.
Bows for the female Reindeers
- Tear off approximately 1 tsp pink fondant and mold it into the bow mold.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before removing it.
- Repeat steps for 10 more bows.
- Set aside to harden overnight.
Putting together the Reindeer Oreos
- Place 10 oz of the chocolate buttons into a double boiler and mix until melted and smooth.
- Carefully take apart the Oreos.
- Using two buttons, place them onto the top corners for the ears.
- Place a dollop of the melted chocolate into the middle of the oreo creme,
- Then place the top of the oreo back onto the creme to make it whole again.
- Leave to dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Remelt the chocolate if it hardened up in the double boiler until smooth again.
- Dip the oreo's into the chocolate and place onto the cookie sheet to harden
- Repeat step for 19 more cookies. You should have 20 cookies in total.
- Carefully peel off the antlers and place them into the top corners of the oreo's next to the ears. You may need to attach them with a little melted chocolate.
- Place a Red M&M onto the centre of the Oreo's for the nose.
- Carefully place 10 bows onto 10 Oreo's for your female reindeer.
- Let the Oreo's harden for at least 1 hour before enjoying!
More Reindeer Recipes
Gingerbread Reindeer Cookies over on Crystal and Co.
Rudolph and Reindeer Crafts and Activities for Kids
Would you like more ideas inspired by the Classic Christmas Song and Book Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer then check out all of our Reindeer Crafts and Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers a fun selection of ideas that they can do themselves!
Don’t Forget to Pin this Reindeer Party Cookie to Make and Enjoy this Christmas