Whether it’s the Aliens Love… series of books by Claire Freedman or the nursery Rhyme Five Little men in their Flying Saucers. Aliens are such a fun theme to explore with preschoolers and this Christmas we are focusing on one of the Christmas books by this author in our annual Storybook Advent. Here’s a fantastic Flying Saucer Craft inspired by Aliens Love Underpants.
Aliens Love Panta Claus
We have included links to the books and resources that we used for this activity. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission
FREE WEEK OF
SPRING THEMED ACTIVITIES
Keep your Toddlers and Preschoolers happy at home.
With Simple Activities to learn, play and create.
Join our week of garden and plant fun over on the Virtual Book Club for Kids
That is why my kids find ‘Aliens love Panta Claus’ book so amusing! I like that this is a continuation of the ‘Aliens Love Underpants book’ but that is a little different from your normal kind of Christmas book. This is a fun and joyful book – great for any age group. In spirit with the Christmas Holiday and what it means, the Aliens give underpants away instead of stealing them. They even put underpants in Santa Claus’ toy bag!
There’s lots of fun and witty rhymes and I love the beautiful images and drawing.
Each of the aliens has it’s own little illustrated quirk!
Flying Saucer Craft for Kids Inspired by Aliens Love Panta Claus
In celebration of this lovely Christmas Book, we decided to make a fun spaceship craft with its own cute little pom-pom alien!
This craft was a big hit with my two and four years old because you can play with it afterwards when you read the book!
You can also decorate the spaceship in any way you like and the pom pom alien can be as quirky as the aliens in the book if you choose!
Materials Needed to make your own Alien Spaceship complete with Pom Pom Alien
2 paper bowls (paper is easier, plastic can be used but then you might need acrylic or thicker paint)
Homemade Pom Pom – Wool and cardboard Tube
Paint (we used silver but you can use any colour you like!)
Sellotape or double-sided sticky tape
How to make your Flying Spacecraft and Alien Craft for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Paint the outside of your two paper bowls with silver paint.
- Sprinkle with glitter (optional).
- Leave your paint to dry and then decorate your spaceship with mini pom poms, stickers, gems – whatever you like!
- To make a large pom pom, lay two empty toilet paper rolls next to each other.
- Wrap wool around and around and around the two tubes about 100 times.
- Take another piece of wool and tie it between the two tubes. Gently push the yarn toward one end of the tube, being careful to hold onto both ends of the yarn you’re using to securely tie the pom pom together.
- Once the yarn is off the tubes, tie it tight and cut around both edges of the pom pom (where the toilet paper rolls were previously).
- Next, glue on your googly eyes onto your pom pom and Sellotape the pom-pom into the plastic cup upturned plastic cup. Double sided sticky tape makes this easier.
- When your paint is dry, cut out a circle the same side as your plastic cup in one of the bowls. You want your plastic cup to sit snugly inside the bowl so don’t cut your hole too large.
- Lastly, pop your cup with your spaceman inside the bowl and glue the two bowls together.
Hey presto! You have your own flying spaceship!
Jemma blogs at Thimble and Twig about hopscotching through life with 4 little people whilst clinging onto a job and renovating our 1930s house.
Our family are passionate about outdoor adventures and exploring in our home of South East London.
We love making and baking and going on nature walks.
More Alien Crafts and Activities for Kids
Alien Ornaments for the Christmas Tree that your Toddlers and Preschoolers can Make.
Alien Playdough for some open-ended sensory play.
DIY Alien puppets to use for imaginative play and singing along with Five Little Men in their Flying Saucers song.
Why not Pin this Alien Flying Saucer to Make later with your Kids