I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
J has recently started Gymnastic classes at the local gymnastic centre and their warm up activities are perfect for Action activities within the home especially on a rainy day.
What you need
Some space to move around in
How the fun happens
We cleared the toys from the floor or the lounge or if the weather isn’t too bad put on suitable outdoor gear and head into the garden, where we start moving in a circle in the room/garden.
Still walking in a circle shout out an animal and their movement type and we start to move like that animal. Some of our favourites are
- Stomp like an elephant (remember the trunk as well)
- Tall like a giraffe – both hands above the head making the giraffe’s head and on tiptoes to make yourself as tall as possible
- Snap like a crocodile – running fast with arms out stretched snapping at the person you are chasing
- Jump like a kangaroo – jump around the room with arms in front
- Hop like a frog – Down on haunches hopping around
- Slithering like a snake – laying down and sliding along the floor
- Wriggling like a worm – similar to a snake
- Galloping like a horse
- Prowling like a lion
- Swimming like a seal
You can make up your own as you go along and develop ones that your little one enjoys playing as well.
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Savoury Apple Recipes for Autumn Family Meals and Entertaining - September 13, 2016
- 2-Ingredient Quick and Easy Apple Scented Playdough Recipe - September 12, 2016
- Who Lives in the Forest? A Forest School Activity for Kids. - September 8, 2016
- Weekly Virtual Book Club for Kids 2016 – 2017 - September 7, 2016
- 5 reasons why Sandringham Camping and Caravan Club Site is great for families - August 31, 2016