Are you getting ready for Halloween with your little ones? This simple Halloween Craft for Toddlers and Preschoolers is ideal. Quick and Simple to set up these Straw Blown Ghosts would make a fun craft to do for Halloween. You could even cut out the ghosts made afterwards and create your own ghost decorations for a Halloween Party or your home.
Watch the video below for a quick and easy Halloween Craft for Toddlers that you and they will love to do whilst you have everything out for making these ghosts.
Straw Blown Ghosts
Using straws is a fun way to produce art with kids - we use reusable straws that we have in our painting equipment box and wash them thoroughly before putting them in again. You can see how we used them to create a tree for a family tree project with our preschool as part of our Virtual Book Club for Kids.
Materials for creating this Easy Halloween Ghost Craft for Kids
We have included links to the materials we used to create this Halloween craft. If you buy via the links we may earn a small commission.
How to Make This Straw Blown Ghost Craft with Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Use the pipette to create dots of paint on the black construction paper. The more paint, the bigger the ghosts.
- Take the straw and angle it towards one side of the paint dot.
- Blow through the straw, the paint will move down away from you. You can control the direction of the paint by moving the straw.
TOP TIP: Keep the straw straight to create a long ghost. Move the straw slightly back and forth to create a wider, flared ghost. However, keep the straw angled on one side of the paint dot don't swap sides.
- Allow the paint to dry then flip the art around so the rounded edge is now at the top.
- Stick the wiggly eyes towards the top of the paint blobs.
- Then use a black sharpie to add mouths to the ghosts. Give them different shaped mouths so that they each have their own personalities.
Want to Create more with this idea then why not try!
Cut out the ghosts with a small border of black around them and then attach to the walls, doors and windows.
Create some more!
Halloween Book To Read after Making This Halloween Craft for Toddlers & Preschoolers
If you are looking for more suggestions of some not so scary Spooky Halloween Books to read together with your Toddlers and Preschoolers check out our Best Halloween Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers Recommendations to find some great ideas.
More Halloween Crafts for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Pin This Easy Halloween Ghost Craft for Toddlers and Preschoolers to Make Later
Share this Simple Halloween Craft for Toddlers and Preschoolers with Others on Facebook