I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information about this please see our disclosure policy.
Summer is so close now and I am really excited to announce the Virtual Book Club Summer Camp for 2014. Last year 2000+ families joined us for book filled weeks of summer fun and we’re ready to get started again this year.
Virtual Book Club Summer Camp 2014
This year we are running THREE weeks of Summer Camp that you can do at home with your kids aimed at kids from 2 to 5. Each week is filled with crafts, activities, family fun connected to books and summer fun.
As last year your camp directors are me, Cerys I’m a former teacher, marine biologist and environmental educator now a stay at home mum to J and T who are 3 and 5, Kristina of Toddler Approved and Kim of The Educators’ Spin On It we will be putting together plans, exclusive activities, calendars as well as being their for support during the camp weeks with our EXCLUSIVE Facebook Group for members who join us on Summer Camp this year.
This years Summer Camp
In 2014 we are making the Summer Camp exclusive for you our Summer Camp Leader Counsellors – activities will not be available on our sites.
We’ve chosen three great themes for this year’s camps and each week we will be sending you an exclusive newsletter to your inbox (on a Friday ready to start the following Monday giving you time to prepare over the weekend) with crafts, activities and family fun stuff as well as exclusive content from the three of use based around some favourite children’s picture books. Included in the newsletters will be a list of all the supplies, extra books that you could add to supplement the theme as well as even more crafts, activities and ideas to stop the summer slide with your kids.
Once you are a Member of the Virtual Book Club Summer Camp you will get
- Weekly newsletter – outlined above
- Daily Activities featuring books by favourite children’s picture book authors around the three themes
- Membership to the exclusive Facebook group where you will be chat with your 3 camp directors and others moms doing the summer camp at home with their families, we’ll be sharing tips, ideas and additional resources for everyone
Virtual Book Club Summer Camp will be starting on Monday 16th June 2014 and you are welcome to join in with us running alongside as we do the summer camp at home with our kids at the same time you do, but if you would find it easier you can join in any time split up the weeks over the summer or leave them to before school starts again in the fall, you will have access to the newsletters, activities and the group all over the summer.
Once you register for the Virtual Book Club Summer Camp you will get a welcome email which will give you this years themes, dates for the summer camp where we will be running it alongside you at home and a pre-camp planner with all the information that you need in the weeks before camp starts officially on Monday 16th June..
Virtual Book Club Summer Camp – 2014
For $9.99 you will get
- Weekly Newsletter with Book suggestions for the themed week, calendar and supplies list
- Daily themed activities and crafts featuring favourite children’s books around the theme
- Exclusive membership of our Facebook Group where you can chat to me, Kristina and Kim as well as other participants over the Summer Camp weeks – we’ll be sharing ideas, offering support as well as giving tips and posting additional ideas on the theme
The first session for Virtual Book Club Summer Camp 2014 has been closed for further registration – however we will be running an additional session at the end of July and first 2 weeks of August. If you would like to be informed when the registration for that session starts you can sign up to get an email with all the details when we open registration again.