We recently brought some foam number and letter puzzle mats at Tesco’s (very reasonable and the number mat doubles as a hopscotch mat). J loves his numbers as well and is getting really good at recognising them. So when it was sunny I got the numbers out of the mats and we had some fun.
Removing all of the numbers from the puzzle pieces I laid them out randomly on the grass – I love this number set as the 6 and the 9 are vert distinct which makes it easier for J to recognise which is which – J then set about putting the numbers in order.
It was interesting to see – each of his numbers had to touch the previous number and were very neatly lined up – that was until T came along and as you can see from the title picture rearranged and removed most of them from the line.
We have explored putting the numbers in numerical order forwards and backwards – but there are so many possibilities for the number lines, you could do odd’s, even’s counting in 2’s etc…
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Digital Journalling with Kids - August 27, 2015
- Superhero Pattern Stones - August 20, 2015
- Chicka Chicka 123 – Multiplication Trees - August 13, 2015
- Why to read to your child when they can read to you? - August 10, 2015
- Virtual Book Club for Kids – 2015 – 2016 - August 7, 2015