I love my slow cooker, but as neither of my kids are fans of stews or casseroles I tend to use it for less traditional meals than most families I know! My favourite till now has always been our slow cooker fudge which I can't wait to share with you a couple of different variations for this Christmas ideal to give as gifts. But back onto today's recipe, this is good I promise you. Even better than the apple and cinnamon breakfast muffins I shared. It's this easy slow cooker cinnamon rolls recipe and the perfect thing is a stand mixer means that you don't have to do any kneading and you can put the dough in the fridge overnight and in 2 and a bit hours have fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
No Fuss Cinnamon Rolls
A couple of years ago I shared a recipe for tear and share cinnamon rolls, they tasted delicious and were so easy for the kids to make. I loved having them with some coffee after the school run when the house was quiet before I got ready for work.
But, one thing was the time taken to knead, wait for it to prove, knead again, prepare and then prove again before cooking even when using the breadmaker. For breakfast recipes I just don't have the time - ok truthfully I'm not a morning person so it's more like I just don't have the energy or enthusiasm to do it. But warm cinnamon rolls are a perfect breakfast recipe and the only time I get them seems to be when we are on holiday.
This recipe solves that. From mixer to eating it took me around about 2 and a half hours of which me doing anything was around about 15 minutes in total. I made these as a test for after school treats for the kids and managed to get in the school run in the middle as well.
Trying for breakfast I got up at normal time 6am! and then we ate together at 8:30 but with homemade cinnamon buns and the house smelled amazing whilst they cooked.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Rolls
- 2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter
- Add the yeast half the sugar to the warm milk and set aside for around 5 minutes to start to bubble
- In a mixer add the remaining sugar, flour and butter
- Into the milk mix add the vanilla extra and eggs
- With the dough hook start the mixer and slowly pour in the milk mix
- Leave working for around 5 minutes whilst you carry on
- In the slow cooker line the base with 2 sheets of grease proof paper
- Mix up the Light Brown Sugar and the Cinnamon
- Once the dough has formed turn out onto a lightly dusted surface and roll out to around 1/2 cm thick
- Spread with butter and cover with the cinnamon sugar mix
- Roll up the dough into a long sausage
- Cut into 12 - 15 sections
- Lay out the sections in the base of the slow cooker
- Switch on the slow cooker on Low for around 2 and a half hours
- Serve with your favourite icing - we just use icing sugar with water mixed together and drizzled over but choose your favourite.
Pin this Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Recipe to make Later