Twice a month I get together with me friends and we have a coffee morning with cake ("real cake") we take turns and bake a new cake or desert each time. I'm trying different recipes and have been making cinnamon pull apart bread.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
2 full cups and 1 cup almost full of all purpose (plain) flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1 packet dried fast acting yeast (aprox 2 and 1/4 teaspoons of dried fast acting yeast)
4 oz of butter
2/3 cups of milk (I used semi skimmed)
1 teaspoon vanilla escense
Cinnamon Sugar for filling
2/3 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
4oz of butter
How to make Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
I used a bread maker but you can do this just as easily without.
- Put in the flour, sugar and yeast into the bowl.
- In the microwave melt the butter (do it in 20 sec increments)
- Add the milk eggs and vanilla to the melted butter and mix
- Add the liquid mix to the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix together to form a dough
- Leave to rise - in the bread maker use the dough programme if not leave for around 45 minutes
- Make up the Cinnamon Sugar by mixing together the sugar and the cinnamon
- Melt the butter for the cinnamon sugar filling as before
- Preheat an oven to 150C
- When the dough has risen roll out into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface
- Spread the dough with around 3/4 of the melted butter
- Sprinkle on the around 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar mix
- Cut the dough into 2inch stripes and then roll up
- Grease a square baking dish
- Place the rolled up dough into the dish
- Spread the remaining melted butter over the top of the dough and then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mix
- Put in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes
- Leave to cool for a bit and turn out onto a rack to cool further
Serve the cinnamon pull apart bread with coffee for the perfect coffee morning treat for you and your friends.