Twice a month I get together with me friends and we have a coffee morning with cake (“real cake”) we take turns and bake a new cake or desert each time. I’m trying different recipes and have been making cinnamon pull apart bread.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
2 full cups and 1 cup almost full of all purpose (plain) flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1 packet dried fast acting yeast (aprox 2 and 1/4 teaspoons of dried fast acting yeast)
4 oz of butter
2/3 cups of milk (I used semi skimmed)
1 teaspoon vanilla escense
Cinnamon Sugar for filling
RECIPES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Get Weekly Recipes for families straight to your inbox to click and print.
and your FREE kitchen Conversions chart
2/3 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
4oz of butter
How to make Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
I used a bread maker but you can do this just as easily without.
- Put in the flour, sugar and yeast into the bowl.
- In the microwave melt the butter (do it in 20 sec increments)
- Add the milk eggs and vanilla to the melted butter and mix
- Add the liquid mix to the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix together to form a dough
- Leave to rise – in the bread maker use the dough programme if not leave for around 45 minutes
- Make up the Cinnamon Sugar by mixing together the sugar and the cinnamon
- Melt the butter for the cinnamon sugar filling as before
- Preheat an oven to 150C
- When the dough has risen roll out into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface
- Spread the dough with around 3/4 of the melted butter
- Sprinkle on the around 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar mix
- Cut the dough into 2inch stripes and then roll up
- Grease a square baking dish
- Place the rolled up dough into the dish
- Spread the remaining melted butter over the top of the dough and then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mix
- Put in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes
- Leave to cool for a bit and turn out onto a rack to cool further
Serve the cinnamon pull apart bread with coffee for the perfect coffee morning treat for you and your friends.