If you are looking for a simple Christmas craft to make with the kids then not only are these simple Christmas ornaments beautiful but you will be thanking me for the glorious smell that fills your home as you dry them out and they hang on the tree this year. These simple cinnamon and applesauce ornaments are so easy to make and perfect for a quick craft that you and the kids can do together as you count down to Christmas.
Applesauce and Cinnamon Ornamnets for Christmas
We love making our own ornaments and using materials that we have around the house to do it. These applesauce and cinnamon ornaments are really easy and look and smell amazing.
I really believe they look like amazing and your visiting family and friends will be amazed at what they are made from!
Looking for a recipe for cinnamon ornaments without applesauce then we have you covered as well.
What Do I need to make Homemade Cinnamon and Applesauce Ornaments
The first thing is you are going to need a LOT of cinnamon in these. The cinnamon provides the binding agent and once baked it will harden with the applesauce and create the Christmas ornament for the tree.
The applesauce needs to be of a smooth puree consistency without lumps. You can use homemade applesauce, but make sure that it is really smooth before you start to mix.
And that’s all the ingredients that you need!
Make Memories every day as you countdown to Christmas
24 Simple and easy activities to do at home with your kids this Christmas.
How do I make Christmas Ornaments from Cinnamon and applesauce
It’s really easy! Just add your 2 ingredients into a bowl and mix. As the dough forms continue to mix and knead it together.
Then place on parchment or greaseproof paper and roll out to about 1/4″ thick.
Use Christmas cookie cutter shapes and create your ornaments – don’t forget you’ll need to make a hole in them especially if you want to hang them on the tree.
Bake in an oven at 100C or around 200F for 2 hours and you’re good to go. Remember to let them cool completely before you try and string them up with some pretty Christmas Ribbon.
The full instructions can be found below – don’t forget to save it so you can make them again in the future.
More Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Looking for other simple and easy ideas for Christmas Ornaments to make with the kids why not try some of these other fantastic homemade ideas and don’t forget to save them to find again.
How to Make Cinnamon and Applesauce Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Wooden Spoon
- Wooden skewer/straw
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie cutters
- String/thin ribbon
- 4 oz ground cinnamon
- ½ cup applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 200F (about 100C) degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cinnamon and apple sauce and mix well.
- Form the mixture into a ball with your hands and set on a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the cinnamon dough out to 1/4” thick and use the cookie cutters to cut out several shapes.
- Place the cookie cutter shapes onto the baking pan and use a wooden skewer to stick a hole into the top of the ornaments.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove the ornaments and let them cool.
- Tie a piece of thin ribbon or string through the holes and use to hang on your Christmas tree.
- Easy Gingerbread Men Ornaments
- Cornstarch Christmas Ornaments
- Stained Glass Salt Dough Christmas Tree Ornaments
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.