Their name is one of the most important words a child will learn how to say, read, write and spell. It's also likely to be the first word that they will try and read, write and spell as well. To go alongside our Winter Theme for toddlers and preschoolers for this week with our toddlers and preschoolers we have a fun way to help your preschooler learn to write their name. With a snowball fight! So here it is our Simple Snowman Name Game for Preschoolers and Older Toddlers.
Fun Ways to Learn to Read, Write and Spell Your Name
Here on Rainy Day Mum, we believe in making learning fun and especially for activities at home with our toddlers and preschoolers.
Hands-on Learning is one of the best ways to encourage your little ones to have a life long love of learning and for them to grasp the basics before they start school in playful and fun ways.
As one of the first words your child will learn to read is likely their name it's an ideal opportunity to start some fun activities that promote learning with them throughout the year.
This simple name game is lots of fun and easily adaptable for different names and spelling. So it's a fun way to get children of different ages involved in an activity at home.
Simple Snowman Fight Name Game for Preschoolers
With our winter theme, we love encouraging a little learning and this is quick to prep and if like our preschoolers your little ones love knocking things down as much as they like building them up then they will have lots of fun doing this.
We suggest combining it with one of our winter books and reading the book then playing the preschool learning game for your activity today.
Winter Indoor Snowball Fight Name Game for Preschoolers
- Pom Pom Making if you wish to make your own
- Scissors if making pom poms
Snowball - Handmade (optional instead of rolled-up socks)
- White Yarn White
- Place each cup upside down.
- In the centre draw an orange nose for your snowman.
- Finnish with 2 eyes and a mouth of your choice.
- Write your child's name with each letter on a separate post-it note.
- Stick these to some of the snowmen cups.
- If you are using socks roll them together into a ball to represent your snowball. If not follow the instructions for your Pom Pom creating Snowball below.
Optional Pom Pom Snowball
- Use the pom pom maker with the white yarn to create a snowball.
- Tie it off securely.
- Release the pom pom maker and then shape with scissors as needed.
Playing the Indoor Snowball Fight Name Game with Preschoolers
- Arrange the snowmen cups stacked in a triangle.
- Ask your child to bowl the snowball at the snowman.
- When they hit a snowman, say the letter they have hit out loud.
- Once the snowman have been bowled over. Then arrange the letters in order for their name
Fun Ways to Learn to Write Your Name for Preschoolers
Check out these other ways that we have to learn to write and read your name on Rainy Day Mum
- Chalkboard That's in my Name Game
- Printable Bear Themed Name Game
- Build my Name Activity for Preschoolers.