We do try and get out walking as a family year round but the sunshine and good weather of summer make it a lot easier and less stuff to take as well. That also means we can pack a lot more snacks to tide us over which as we are generally out for longer is exactly what we need. We have our favourites and the families that join us also have their favourites so we’ve put our heads together and come up with some delicious easy healthy snack recipes for you and your family to take on your next walk or hike.
Featuring energy bites, trail mix and granola these will keep your walking with full stomachs and lots of energy and shhh but some even contain my favourite CHOCOLATE
Enegery Bites the Family Will Love
These Energy Cites and Balls are so easy to make and many are no cook as well. You can pack them up in a bag or container and dip into them when you want.
- Gluten Free Savory Snack Bites from Healthy Helper
- Chocolate Trail Mix Power Balls from Young and Rungry
- Mango Energy Balls from Lean Clean and Brie
- Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Bites from Running to the Kitchen
- Easy and Delicious Energy Bites from Gretch Runs
- No Bake Energy Balls from Pumpkin and Peanut Butter
- Maple Vanilla Latte Protein Bites from Cotter Crunch
- Chocolate Beet Bites from My Healthish Life
- Chocolate Cherry Mocha Brownie Bites from Healthy Helper
- Cranberry Pumpkin Energy Balls from Sinful Nutrition
Granola to Snack on whilst Hiking with the Family
Make Summer 2019 AWESOME!
Kids not old enough for summer camp?
Hold your own at home!
Make this summer with your kids awesome!
Fill up a box with this loose granola and with or without some milk or other liquid you can snack on these are you walk together as a family
- Oatmeal Cookie Granola from Joy the Baker
- Goji Berry Granola from Vermilion Roots
- Nutella Skillet Granola from Chef Savy
- Local Honey Granola our own recipe for Cooking with Kids
If you are packing a full picnic why not try our healthy picnic recipes for families to go along with these snacks
Bars to enjoy whilst walking together as a family
The energy bites and the granola mix are all good but with them being in balls and lose if you are packing light then they are not always very easy to store. However, Bars can be stacked wrapped in paper and will take up less room, make less mess when eaten and still provide loads of energy for the family when you head of hiking together.
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars from Rachl Mansfield
- Peas over Nuts Protein Bars from Let’s Get Up and Live
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars from Fifteen Spatulas
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bars from Well Plated
- No Bake Pecan Fig Granola Bar from Athletic Avacado
- Toasted Sesame & Cranberry Black Rice Bars from Healthy Helper
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Almond Granola Bars from Emilie Eats
Pin these Healthy Hiking Snacks to Make Next time
Share these Hiking Snacks with others on Facebook