Halloween is a such a great time to experiment with fun food and this easy Halloween recipe for kids to cook is great for your tweens and teens to make a meal of. It’s a simple dish of spaghetti with some spooky eyeballs ideal for kids to cook themselves this Halloween.
Halloween Recipe for Kids to Cook
Let’s get the kids cooking and making a really easy meal this Halloween. Although we’ve use a jar of sauce for the recipe if you have some homemade in the freezer or they feel especially adventurous then they could make their own sauce.
Although it’s great to bake with kids it’s also really important as they hit their tweens and teens that they start to cook meals to prepare them for leaving home. Easy meals, fun meals and their favourites are all important for them.
This Halloween meal is great as it is so simple and it’s a meal that they can replicate easily without the spooky extras at a later time.
Watch Our Easy Halloween Treats Video for more Halloween Fun!
It should be at the top or to the right hand side.
Now head over to our Halloween Potion Popcorn to get the full recipe and instructions to make them with the kids.
FREE Printable Halloween Games
Subscribe to Rainy Day Mum today and receive a pack of 6 Halloween Games to play
Spaghetti and Eyeballs Recipe for Halloween
Using just spaghetti, a jar of sauce, mozarella balls, and a tin of olives you have a basic meal.
Put them together with some food colouring and cutting skills and your kids can transform this simple meal into a spooky dish that they will love. Full instructions on making the colourful spaghetti for this Halloween meal can be found here!
I think that the eyeballs in this recipes would be ideal for making for a party as well – stick a tooth pick or similar in them and let your little party guests eat the edible eyeballs.
How to make Cheesy Eyeballs for Halloween Spaghetti
The eyeballs are really easy to make as well – look at the picture above and you’ll see exactly what you need to do to create these easy spooky savoury treats for kids this Halloween.
- Cut your olives into slices.
- Take a mozarella ball and place a slice of olive on top.
- Fill in the hole in the middle with a little of the sauce.
- Then once the spaghetti and sauce are prepared add to the top.
Halloween Spooking Spaghetti Recipe for Kids
So what’s the recipe? Well just continue on and read the full recipe with instructions you can also print it out if you wish.
Halloween Spaghetti and Eyeballs
- 4 Servings Spaghetti
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce 24oz
- 1 Can Jumbo Olives
- 1 Packet Mozzarella Balls
- Purple and Lime Green Food Colouring
- Cook spaghetti according to packaged directions.
- Strain and separate into 2 bowls.
- Add 20-25 drops of food coloring to each bowl of pasta and toss well. (plastic gloves can be worn)
- After the coloring is mixed in, add some water (about ½ cup or so) and mix again, then drain. This will get off some of the food coloring that did not soak in to the pasta.
- Mix both pastas together and set aside
- Slice the olives in thirds or fourths depending how big your olive is.
- Place one slice on a ball of mozzarella.
- Add a dot of pasta sauce inside the olive.
- Serve pasta on a plate, add spaghetti sauce on top and place the eyeballs all around.
- Enjoy your spooky Halloween dinner!!
More Halloween Recipes to Cook with Kids
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.