I'm all about easy family meals, but with special occasions and holiday's I like to put a fun spin on it if I can find something easy to prepare and this EASY Halloween themed Spaghetti and Eyeballs is perfect for a treat for a spooky family dinner with the kids or even to serve for a Halloween Party with your kids if everyone is going to sit down.
Halloween Family Meal - Spaghetti and Eyeballs
We love pasta meals and although it's always messy spaghetti is one of our favourites. This take on Spaghetti and meatballs is perfect for Halloween and will also fill up your kids perfectly.
If you are looking to make from scratch them switch out the jar of spaghetti sauce for our very own Meat Sauce for Pasta recipe and freeze the remainder once served to use later in the week or the following week.
I think that the eyeballs in this recipes would be ideal for making for a party as well - stick a tooth pick or similar in them and let your little party guests eat the edible eyeballs.
The eyeballs are really easy to make as well - look at the picture above and you'll see exactly what you need to do to create these easy spooky savoury treats for kids this Halloween.
Halloween Spaghetti and Eyeballs
- 4 Servings Spaghetti
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce 24oz
- 1 Can Jumbo Olives
- 1 Packet Mozeralla Balls
- Purple and Lime Green Food Colouring
- Cook spaghetti according to packaged directions.
- Strain and separate into 2 bowls.
- Add 20-25 drops of food coloring to each bowl of pasta and toss well. (plastic gloves can be worn)
- After the coloring is mixed in, add some water (about ½ cup or so) and mix again, then drain. This will get off some of the food coloring that did not soak in to the pasta.
- Mix both pastas together and set aside
- Slice the olives in thirds or fourths depending how big your olive is.
- Place one slice on a ball of mozzarella.
- Add a dot of pasta sauce inside the olive.
- Serve pasta on a plate, add spaghetti sauce on top and place the eyeballs all around.
- Enjoy your spooky Halloween dinner!!
Halloween Dinner Accessories
So I know it's just one night of the year, but if you are making a spooky family meal like this one, it's worth adding a few little touches to your table.
Here are 3 ideas of Halloween Dinner Accessories that you could add that would make the meal a little more spooky for the family (without being too scary for the kids of course!)
Add a decorative Halloween Table Cloth or runner to the table - I like this spider web one from Amazon that I found - looks really simple and it's not too expensive either.
Spaghetti and Kids - means it's going to be messy. So why not use some Wipeable Halloween Placemats. You can use them this year, clean them up store them with your Halloween Decorations and then bring them out again next year.
More Halloween Food Ideas for Families
Halloween Witches Cauldron Cupcakes - perfect for dessert.
Pin this Simple Halloween Meal Idea for Kids to Make Later
Share this fun Halloween Meal for Kids with Others on Facebook