What you need
Some Paper Plates
Glitter Glue (optional)
How the fun happens
With the paper plate cut cut out a triangle from one side of the plate
Attach this triangle to the other side of the plate to form the tail of the fish.
I then sat my toddler on the floor with a bucket of crayons and let him decorate it how ever he wanted to. At one point this involved 2 fish in front of him and a crayon in each hand colouring in.
He likes to name the colours as he does it (at the moment all colours are either, red, blue or pink though) and also what he is drawing on the fish – lots of fish on the fish oh and one plane as well.
I then added some eyes (wish we had some googly eyes in our craft box but we’ve run out at the moment) and teeth. Then I let him loose with the glitter glue under a lot of supervision as although I don’t mind a mess at all I find glitter glue impossible to get out of the carpet.
Although he enjoyed the activity – he much prefered Plate Fish 2 and 3 which I’m yet to write up.
We’ve linked up to No Time for Flash Cards Link & Learn why not go and have a look at this weeks other links
Read this next
Latest posts by Cerys Parker (see all)
- Toasted Oats, Mango, Blueberries and Yoghurt – Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food! - October 2, 2015
- Why a villa is a smart choice for an Orlando Vacation - October 2, 2015
- Pumpkin Seed Place Value – Subtraction Math Facts - October 1, 2015
- Crockpot Apple and Cinnamon Rice Pudding - September 29, 2015
- Slimey Limey Lemonade – Halloween Recipe - September 28, 2015