So some may say we are late to the game but as a reluctant TV viewer, I would much rather be reading or crafting than watching the majority of the time, we have only ever had the same system in our house. Which has limited us somewhat and until fairly recently meant that the TV was the only way that we could watch anything. BUT…. I’ve got to tell you we are so excited to have joined the Netflix Stream Team this year and after 7 months since we trialled it whilst watching and reading along with A Series of Unfortunate Events, we are now connected and will be sharing with you some up and coming highlights and extra’s throughout the year.
But I don’t think we can be the ONLY people this late to the game, if like us you are a little unsure or have only recently jumped on board, I’d thought I would give you some tips that we love as well as to why we think it’s great so far and then at the end some of the up and coming highlights for August.
We are part of the Netflix Stream Team and have been compensated for this post
Top Tips for Getting the Most from Netflix
So when you join Netflix there are different option – we have the Premium Package which costs £8.99/month
With that, package there is the ability to use on up to 4 different devices and set up 5 profiles which can come in very handy. With that in mind and having had a couple of weeks getting used to the new system, he’s a few tips to get you started with Netflix or make your existing Netflix subscription.
- Profiles – Set up an adults profile. Chances are you will both be watching at the same time, for kids depending on whether they have similar interests or different set up what you need and then set up “Family Time” where you can select things to watch as a family. I’m really not sure how much more Horrid Henry I can watch without going crazy
- Downloads – This has been one of the best features being able to download and watch offline. Plane journeys on budget airlines without a TV no problem now we have a double headphone socket and the Family Time Profile downloads FANTASTIC – two quiet children from the whole journey.
- Netflix originals – Time for a movie night or family time, want to watch something that none of the family have seen before then simply search for Netflix and it will bring up the Netflix originals so you know there will be something there that you won’t have a family member decide to share the plot with you throughout the whole movie
Your Family Viewing with Netflix
Now for the fun part – some thing that you really shouldn’t miss and will help you with rainy summer days and nights.
For the Kids
My two (J just turned 8 and T 6 and a half) have decided that they will be watching
- HOME: Adventures with Tip & Oh available to watch now
- Dinotrux – from 18th August
- Dreamworks Dragons: Race to the Edge – from 25th August
There are so many movies to choose from so we’ve got our 3 favourites for you
- The Beach (My pick as I have so many memories associated with the movie and also the soundtrack which I took backpacking with me when I was 21)
- Fantastic Four – from 29th August perfect timing for the end of the summer holiday
For the parents
On the rare occasion, I actually sit and watch TV instead of sitting and read whilst my husband watches TV I do like to watch, thrillers, action, crime or comedy. So my pics for the parents
- Marvel’s The Defenders – from 18th August
- Black Adder – from 15th August