It's time again for Made with Love and this month I'm taking time out for myself and handing over the post to Susan from Kindergarten & Preschool for Parents & Teachers with some great ideas for Take Time for yourself to be a better Mom.
Susan writes on one of my favourite blogs aimed at both teachers and parents of preschoolers and kindergarten aged children and is sharing some ways to take time for yourself this coming month. Enjoy!
There were many days when I taught school that I felt like I was The Queen of Crafts. Everyday the children had opportunities to create and wonderful books were extended with crafts or art. Now I have semi-retired my glue gun and only get it out to burn my fingers at Christmas time or to mend a broken toy for the grandchildren. So I don't really have a craft to show you unless these partially finished flip-flops count.
I think the intent of Made with Love is to show how moms can, and should, do something relaxing that they enjoy. When I asked my husband, "What do I do to relax?"
He answered, "You watch the sunrises on the back porch."
And he is right. We moved to the country four years ago and built a house on former cow pasture. The sunrises are beautiful with different cloud formations and an amazing array of colors. I try and get up before everyone else so I can have some alone time on our back porch. Often I think about how I will write my next post. Everything seems to come together for me in the mornings before everyone else is awake. After that, the day starts to unravel with interruptions, demands, cooking, laundry and "Where's This? Where's That?... I forgot to tell you what's her name wants you to call her" and on and on. Young mums have it more difficult. You are probably so desperate for sleep that you can't imagine getting up any earlier. Here are some other ways to pamper yourself so that you can be a more nurturing mom.
MOM PAMPERING TIPS:
- Take a shower or bubble bath - by yourself
- Take a nap while children are napping
- Read a book - just for yourself
- Cook something you enjoy eating
- Take time to be with your friends
- Exercise, dance, do yoga, stretch, take deep breaths and focus inward
- Say a mantra, "I am enough. I am a wonderful mother. I love my precious children and they love me."
- Give your child 15 minutes of uninterrupted one-on-one time, a hug, tell them you love them, then guide them to an independent play activity.
- Take time for a date with your hubby. Swap babysitting or go out late after the kids are asleep. It may be easier to talk, or beg, someone into babysitting if the kids are already in bed.
- Focus on the Positive - keep a Blessings Journal or write happy notes and stick them in a jar to read when you need comfort or you wonder "Whose child is this?"
Let Children Experience Childhood.
Now onto this months linky with myself, Angeliquefelix.com, Mommy Labs and Colours Dekor – please add any post that you have done yourself, whether a craft, recipe (I would love to see some of these as love food), home makeover, gardening project etc…. basically your me time activity.
It would be great if you could either grab our badge from the sidebar on the right and insert into the post that you link or somewhere on your blog or leave a text link back to us – also check out our Made with Love pinterest board where all posts linked up area added.