What can you do with your toddlers and preschoolers for the 4th of July, well how about getting creative and creating some stars perfect for having fun and making pretty patterns. We love these so much that we laminated them afterward and used them as patriotic placemats for all the family for our 4th of July picnic. So here you go a fun 4th of July Craft for Toddlers and Preschoolers, cookie-cutter star printing.
Star Printed 4th of July Placement for Tots to Make
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ohhh we love getting crafty with our tots and this simple craft is ideal, leave them as they are and just have fun or as we suggested above let them dry and then laminate or cover with contact paper (sticky back plastic in the UK) and use for your 4th of July meals with the family.
Looking for more ideas for 4th of July check out our pick of the best 4th of July Crafts and Activities for Kids.
Tips for Making this 4th of July Craft with Toddlers
This can get messy so follow a few of our top tips and although the mess won’t happen it will be really easy to clear up afterwards.
- If it’s warm and dry then head outside and do this – it’s always easier to clear up with a hose (even the kids love it!)
- Lay down a wipeable mat or vinyl table cloth we have one just like this!
- Put your kids in “painting clothes” I tried aprons and coveralls with my 2 but they just ended up getting messier when they took them off instead we had painting clothes. They were ideal for any time they wanted to paint.
- Get a set of cookie-cutters specifically for play, paint, playdough, sand and anything else you really want to use them with are great but you don’t want to then go and use them on your Christmas cookies. This set is the one I got and used for all play purposes.
How to Make your 4th of July Toddler Craft
It’s really simple just follow the instructions below and don’t miss the other 4th of July ideas as well!
4th of July Printed Placemat Toddler Crat
- Star Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Paint pallete or washable dish for the paint
- blue paper Red and White too if you want to create a variety of different colours
- white washable paint red and blue too for a variety of different paper these work best on the white paper the white paint will work on the red and blue paper the best
- Silver Glitter
- Pour the paint in the pallete
- Take the star cookie cutter and place in the paint
- Take the cookie cutter with the paint and place on the blue paper
- Repeat this again and again on the paper
- Sprinkle the drying stars with a little glitter
- Leave to dry and create some more
- OPTIONAL: If you want to make these reusable them either laminate or cover with contact paper so that you can wipe clean after your 4th of July meal with the kids
More Ideas for Celebrating 4th of July with Kids
- Why not treat the kids with some 4th of July Decorated Oreo Cookies they are so quick and easy to make and perfect for your snack time treat.
- Play a game together with our FREE printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- How about making a US Flag with your tots just pick your favourite from our Easy US Flag Crafts for Kids!