We all love creating keepsakes with salt dough for our little ones but what about our Fur Babies too! They are a big a part of the family too and today we have the cutest craft for you to do. This Merry Christmas Paw Print Ornament for the tree is an easy way to remember your dog or cat this Christmas so here we go our Simple Merry Christmas Salt Dough Paw Print Christmas Ornament.
Salt Dough Paw Print Decorations for the Tree
Salt dough is toxic to dogs and cats. Please ensure that you supervise your pet at all times whilst you create this craft with them.
Salt dough is one of our favourite materials for crafts that you can make a home. It’s a homemade clay using just 3 kitchen ingredients. Once made you can then shape, cut, mould and more with it to create crafts with the kids and for yourself.
Unlock the Secrets of Salt Dough Crafting!
Subscribe today and get our top-rated recipe to gorgeous craft ideas straight to your inbox. Plus an exclusive printable recipe.
You’ll find some more ideas and inspirations for using it at the end. We especially love the gift tags a great homemade addition to your Christmas wrapping this year.
Make Memories every day as you countdown to Christmas
24 Simple and easy activities to do at home with your kids this Christmas.
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Simple Merry Christmas Salt Dough Paw Print Ornament for the Tree
- Round pastry cutter
- Pair of Scissors
- Foam Brush
- Toothpick or Straw
- Mix together flour, salt, and water.
- Knead dough until smooth and not sticky (add more flour if necessary).
- Roll dough to 1 cm thick.
- Use a round pastry cutter larger than the dog paw.
- Press the dog's paw into the dough, firmly.
- Make a hole to hang with twine or ribbon with a straw or toothpick.
- Bake dough at 140° for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- Use a black sharpie marker to write your Merry Christmas and year. Use a red sharpie marker to add tiny berry dots all around the edge of the ornament. Allow ink to dry Cover with mod pod or varnish if desired.
- Tie ribbon or twine through the hole to hang.
More Salt Dough Crafts to Make
- Make handmade gift tags using our white salt dough recipe.
- Create hanging hearts with lavender-scented salt dough
- Make a Christmas Scented (Cinnamon) Salt Dough Star Garland for the Christmas Tree.
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.