Don’t you just love creating Halloween Treats with the kids? We love getting creative and even better if it’s a really quick and simple recipe that older kids can do themselves and help the younger ones if needed. These Frankenstein’s Monster Cookies made with Oreo’s are another of our really easy Halloween Fun Foods to Make with kids.
Oreo Frankenstein Cookies
But also at Halloween to make some Spooky Little Mummy Cookies that the kids love to share with friends.
Because they are so easy, it’s one of the treats that we make at home for our Trick or Treaters that visit on Halloween Night.
Tips for Making Frankenstein’s Monster Oreo Bites with Kids
If you are finding that your candy-melts are too thick when you melt you have either melted them too much.
Don’t worry though you can add a couple of teaspoons of Trex (Vegetable Shortening) to the melts when warm and this will sort it out.
When you are trying to harden the cookies, you can’t really rush this let them harden in the air and then place in a container with a lid in a cool dark place.
Don’t be tempted to put them in the fridge as you could end up with soggy cookies! Not at all appetising.
Watch Our Easy Halloween Treats Video for more Halloween Fun!
Now head over to our Halloween Potion Popcorn to get the full recipe and instructions to make them with the kids.
Shop this Halloween FUn Food Recipe
We have included affiliate links to some of the products and resources as an associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Although we try not to use ingredients that we have to order when it comes to holiday baking with kids whether for Halloween or Christmas I like to have some extras. These can be found on Amazon or in your local craft/cake decorating store and you may be able to find them in the supermarket as well.
We love Wilton cake decorating products, so when there is that brand available we do tend to purchase over others. It’s mainly because they are reliable and others aren’t as such in our experience.
The items we bought extra to the Oreos and Chocolate Chips we have were
Frankenstein’s Monster Oreo Cookies
- Waxed or Silicone Parchment Paper
- 1 Packet of Oreo Cookies
- 1 Packet of Vibrant Green Candy Melts
- Small candy eyeballs
- Chocolate Chips
- Black sugar sprinkles
- Black decorating icing
- Melt the candy melts according to the instructions on the packet. If the mixture is too thick then read our top tip above.
- Resting the Oreo Cookie on a fork, spoon the melted green candy over the cookie and then tap the fork against the side of your bowl to remove excess candy coating.
- Spoon the black sugar sprinkles over one side of the cookie (for Frankenstein's Monster's Hair) and place one chocolate chip on each side (the bolts in his head).
- Add the candy eyeballs while the green candy is still wet.
- Place on waxed paper to dry.
- Repeat with all of the cookies from the packet.
- Allow candy coating to harden. Using the tube of decorating icing draw a mouth onto your monster's face.
- Leave to dry fully.
More Halloween Recipes to Cook with Kids
Gingerbread can be tough to make with kids as well as sometimes a little spicy our Halloween Gingerbread Cookies are made with a kid-friendly version of gingerbread.
You don’t just have sweet treats for Halloween, why not try some fun food like our spooky spaghetti and eyeballs. My kids love this on Halloween night.
Using chocolate cupcakes and some melted chocolate you can create these Haunted Tree Cupcakes easily with the kids.
If you love Frankenstein and his Monster then why not get the kids to decorate some Frankenstein Halloween Cupcakes. They are really simple and easy to make.