If there is a chocolate flavour combination I love it is Chocolate and Orange together. I love Terry's Chocolate Oranges, they are a Christmas treat for me and so I decided to make up an ever so simple Chocolate Orange Fudge Recipe. Although we haven't used the slow cooker this time this recipe could easily be made in that as well. Instead, this is a low heat recipe using a double boiler (bowl over a saucepan method!) to melt the chocolate and create the fudge. So here it is our Simple and Easy to make Chocolate Orange Fudge Recipe ideal for Christmas treats for the family.
Chocolate Orange Fudge Recipe
For years I stepped away from making homemade fudge as the recipes that my grandmother made involved careful temperature monitoring and if you have seen me cook it usually involves sorting out a million problems with the kids as well as the cooking! Then I discovered how to make slow cooker fudge and I was able to make from scratch this delicious treat which is an ideal gift for friends and families without having to worry about it going wrong.
In this simple fudge recipe for Christmas treats I don't use a slow cooker but if you scroll down just after our printable recipe card you will find a quick tutorial on how to do this in a slow cooker and it's ever so simple as well. Perfect if you have toddlers running around and don't want to melt the chocolate on the oven.
When we have set the fudge I then gift wrap it either in little gift bags or in mason jars with some ribbon around them.
Step by Step Picture Tutorial on Making Delicious Chocolate and Orange Fudge
Watch the video below for a step by step tutorial on making these and scroll down for the recipe card for full ingredient list and measurements
Easy Chocolate Orange Fudge Recipe
- 440 g milk chocolate chips
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk 397g 14oz
- 14 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with greaseproof or silicone coated paper.
- Using a double boiler melt chocolate chips with condensed milk in the top bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the unsalted butter, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon grated orange peel.
- Spread in prepared baking pan.
- Toss the remaining grated orange peel on the top of the fudge.
- Chill until firm.
- Carefully remove fudge from pan using the edges of the parchment paper.
- Cut into squares.
- Store covered in the refrigerator and Enjoy!
How to make this Fudge with Chocolate and Orange in the Slow Cooker
Instead of using the double boiler method for this fudge recipe you can make it in the slow cooker.
- Place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- On a low heat set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the mixture.
- Repeat the 10-minute interval over an hour and a "bit" until all of the fudge in combined. (adjust according to your slow cooker)
- Then set as the recipe card above.
More Fudge Recipes that are so EASY Anyone Can Cook
Don't Forget to Pin this Chocolate and Orange Fudge Recipe to Make Nearer Christmas This Year
Share this Fudge Recipe that Can be Made on the Oven or in the Slow Cooker with Others on Facebook