The Polar Express is fast becoming one of our favourite books to read and we also love watching the movie too. The two main things that make us recall the book are the train tickets and the Christmas bell. So we decided to make some Polar Express Jingling Train Tickets! These are easy to make and are an ideal festive craft for kids of all ages.
Materials and Equipment Needed to make the Polar Express Jingling Train Tickets
luggage labels or card rectangles
5-Day Activity Camp for Kids
READ - PLAY - CREATE - LEARN - HAVE FUN!
Make a week of spring come alive create memories and have fun with your kids!
Join us for our FREE Spring Camp hosted by The Virtual Book Club for Kids team
Featuring hands-on activities designed especially for mixed ages of kids.
black pen or pencil
red or green thread
a sharp sewing needle
a blunt or kids sewing needle
gold coloured bells
How to Make the Polar Express Jingling Train Tickets
- First, cut the ribbon into 8cm long pieces and thread at least one bell onto it.
- Next, take the card rectangles and make a hole at one end that is large enough for the ribbon to pass through. If you are using luggage labels, remove the string from the pre-punched hole.
- Using the pencil or black pen, write Polar Express onto the label before taking the sharp needle and tracing the P & E on the ticket, punch some holes in it.
- Once you have done this, sew the letter with some red or green thread to make the P & E stand. You could also stitch or draw lines around the edge of the ticket to make it look more like an old-fashioned train ticket.
- Finally, add the ribbon and jingle bell to the hole at one end of the ticket, before securing it with a tied bow.
We hope you really enjoy making these Polar Express Train tickets which also make cute festive decorations as well. There was nothing nicer than cuddling up with the book and DVD as well as having our own train tickets and a magical bell to bring the story to life.
Out Now! – Countdown to Christmas Ebook
When life gets hectic in the lead up to Christmas wouldn’t it be great to be able to spend a little time with the family creating gifts for others, food to enjoy together and traditions that make magical Christmas Memories?
But what actually happens is you spend hours searching through Pinterest looking for ideas and realise halfway through saying you are going to start that you have only 1 thing on the materials list!
I’ve been there!
So that is why we’ve put together our 24 favourite Christmas Activities, Crafts and Recipes with full materials lists and step-by-step instructions so that you have everything at your fingertips.
Produced as a PDF you can download, print and use these ideas throughout the festive season with your children and families.
Find out more as we share with your our Favourite Ways to Countdown to Christmas.
Witty Hoots and is a published author, art historian as well as a former primary school teacher.
Witty Hoots is packed full of ideas, hints and tips about having a wonderful family life, a comfortable home life and living a healthy life to the full!
Pin this Polar Express Themed Activity to make later
Share this idea with friends on Facebook