We’re back with another storybook advent idea for the classic Christmas book for kids The Snowman. This time we are creating a fun scarf for our snowman to wear. It’s a paper weaving project for kids and so simple to do. If you want you could use it to decorate a big snowman or just as a winter clothes craft for kids. So here we go our Paper Weaving Scarf for your Snowman.
The Snowman Paper Scarf Weaving for Kids
Weaving a great activity to do with kids.
It creates an end project but is great for hand-eye coordination as well as fine motor skills.
In this simple project, we use paper to create the scarf. The paper acts as the loom as well as the yarn.
Make Memories every day as you countdown to Christmas
24 Simple and easy activities to do at home with your kids this Christmas.
You can make the strips as thin or as thick as you want the thicker the strips the less time it will take and the less patterned the scarf will be.
Paper Weaving Snowman Scarf for Kids to Make
- Coloured at least 3 different colours
- Sticky tape
- Cut a piece of paper in half lengthwise to give you a long thin rectangle.
- Snip along the shorter edges of the A4 page to create a loose thread tassel effect
- Fold one of your pieces of paper in half, lengthways.
- Use scissors to cut from the folded edge towards the opposite edge.DO NOT CUT THE WHOLE WAY.
- Repeat the cutting with regular spaces between each cut. Unfold your paper.
- Cut your other papers into strips along the short edge these will be used to create the pattern.
- Weave one of the strips into your larger paper – over, under, over-under, over-under.
- Repeat with the next strip (different colour) but this time under, over, under, over.
- Repeat until you have filled the whole space.
- Fold the overhanging ends and tape into place.
More Snowman Themed Activities and Crafts for Kids
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.