Did you see our Grinch Freakshake from when we hosted a How the Grinch Stole Christmas Movie and Book Night? This year our family movie and book night was The Nutcracker and we had a lot of fun with a Nutcracker Themed Freakshake for dessert!
Nutcracker Themed Dessert
If you haven't seen a freakshake before they are fun desserts that are made in a milkshake glass that kids love.
With ice-cream and cookies, this isn't our normal quick and easy dessert and is more like the party cakes we tend to make.
I don't make them regularly, in fact, it's only on our family Christmas Movie Night that I get a little creative and make it for the family.
Nutcracker Freakshake Dessert
- 18 oz milkshake glass
- 8 disposable piping bags. Only 7 piping bags will be fitted with number 2 piping tip
- package of bamboo skewers
- 5-6 scoops of Vanilla Bean ice cream
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 container white frosting
- 1 container red green and white confetti sprinkles
- 1 glazed donut
- 1 Little Debby Christmas tree treats
- peppermint patties red, green and white
- 1 package of Glitter Holly icing decorations
- 2 Round sugar cookie
- 1 tube of grey cookie icing
- 1 tube of yellow cookie icing
- 1 tube of white cookie icing
- 1 tube of red cookie icing
- 1 tube of brown cookie icing
- 1 tube of pink cookie icing
- 1 tube of black cookie icing
- Using the cookie icings, squeeze each icing into their own piping bag fitted with the number 2 tip.
- Using the two round cookies, decorate the cookies however you would like! Check out how we have made them for some Nutcracker themed inspiration. The kids loved getting involved with this!
- Remove the foil from the white frosting and place into the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften it.
- Scoop some frosting into the piping bag that has no tip
- Place doughnut onto a cookie sheet as well as the milkshake glass
- Cut the tip of the piping bag and pipe frosting onto the rim of the glass in a milkshake effect
- Repeat the step above with the doughnut
- Sprinkle some of the red, green and white onto the frosting and set aside
- Using tape, make 4 sets of 3 bamboo sticks together and tape the middle and top of the sticks to keep them together
- Using two bamboo sticks, push the pointy side into the Little Debby christmas tree treat, set aside
- Using the white cookie icing, pipe a thick line down 1/4 of the way on two sets of the 3 taped sticks
- Place 1 red, 1 green and 1 white peppermint pattie onto the stick
- Pipe a dollop of icing onto the back of 1 holly icing decoration and place onto the green peppermint pattie
- On the other stick, place 1 red and 1 white peppermint pattie onto the stick
- Pipe a dollop of icing onto the back of the holly icing decoration and place onto the white peppermint pattie
- Set aside to dry
- Using the other two bamboo stick sets, pipe thick white icing onto 1/4 of the stick.
- Place a decorated cookie onto each stick.
Creating your Nutcracker Milkshake Directions
- Using a blender, add the scoops of vanilla ice cream and milk. Blend until smooth
Directions to prepare the shake
- Using the already decorated milkshake glass, pour your milkshake mix into it.
- Place the decorated doughnut onto the rim.
- Place the Christmas tree treat into the back middle of the doughnut
- Place the larger stick of peppermint patties onto the right of the Christmas tree
- Place the smaller stick of the peppermint patties onto the left of the christmas tree
- Place the cookies onto the left and right sides of the doughnut in front of the peppermint patties