If you haven’t tried it needle felting is surprisingly therapeutic and also really easy to do. I was a little sceptical about it but once we had made our needle felted hearts I discovered how easy it was. Although we have needle felted with my kids when they were preschoolers – it did need a lot of supervision to avoid them stabbing themselves with the needle but as they are now older it’s much easier to help them achieve the designs that they want to make. This cute little Needle Felted Penguin is perfect for an easy Christmas Tree Ornament and looks really cute.
Materials Needed for your Needle Felted Penguin Christmas Ornament
We have included affiliate links to products and resources we used to create these Needle Felted Penguins. If you purchase through the links we may earn a small commission.
Christmas Activities FREE Ebook
Sign up for our FREE ebook of Christmas Activities, Crafts and Recipes for families to enjoy.
How to make your Needle Felted Penguin Christmas Tree Decoration
- Place your egg-shaped cookie cutter on the needle felting cushion.
- Pack the cookie cutter full of black wool roving.
- STAB the wool roving with your needle felting needle.
- As it compresses and makes felt don’t forget to turn it over to compact and felt the back as well.
- Once you have a black egg shape felted remove the cookie cutter.
- Now add some white wool roving to the bottom of the egg shape where it is at it’s widest.
- Using the Needle Felting Needle compact down the white wool to form the belly of the penguin.
- Add in two small sections for eyes.
- Then switch to orange wool roving and create some little feet and a beak.
- When you have it flat take a small section of ribbon and form a loop.
- Sew this onto the top of the penguins head and hang on the tree.
Out Now! – Countdown to Christmas Ebook
When life gets hectic in the lead up to Christmas wouldn’t it be great to be able to spend a little time with the family creating gifts for others, food to enjoy together and traditions that make magical Christmas Memories?
But what actually happens is you spend hours searching through Pinterest looking for ideas and realise halfway through saying you are going to start that you have only 1 thing on the materials list!
I’ve been there!
So that is why we’ve put together our 24 favourite Christmas Activities, Crafts and Recipes with full materials lists and step-by-step instructions so that you have everything at your fingertips.
Produced as a PDF you can download, print and use these ideas throughout the festive season with your children and families.
Find out more as we share with you our Favourite Ways to Countdown to Christmas.
Feeling Really Crafty Check out these Kits to Make some more Needle Felting Decorations for Christmas
Do you love the Scandinavian gnomes – well why not try making your own Gnome from this Gnome Needle Felting Kit.
Not Feeling so Crafty
Then why not buy some beautiful handmade needle felted ornaments for your Christmas Tree this year.
One of my favourites these Needle Felted Baubles for the Christmas Tree I love how different they are than other decorations I have seen.