What fun can you have in the kitchen with the kids for the 4th of July? Well, these mini flag pizzas are quick and easy to make and the kids will love to eat them too. That’s a double win for us. We’ve made them as simple as possible to make and my 10 and 11-year-olds can make them on their own, the little tots need a bit of help, so here you go a simple and easy 4th of July recipe to cook with kids for mini pizzas!
4th of July Pizza Flags Recipe for Kids
Oh my, the kids do love a pizza we have a pizza night every week and although most of the time we make our own dough sometimes we really don’t have the time so I always have some pizza dough in a can ready to go.
So last 4th of July we got a little creative in the kitchen and made some flag pizzas, they were such a hit that the kids have asked to make them this year again! That’s one less thing that we will have to cook.
Using ready made dough means that it’s less mess and less time in the kitchen ideal as with family around they want to be playing with cousins and friends as well.
Read some of our simple ideas for a family friendly 4th of July!
Recipe for Mini Flag Pizzas
It’s so simple and with just 4 ingredients you really can’t go wrong.
Mini Flag Pizzas to Cook with Kids
- Round Cookie Cutter
- Baking Tray
- Star cookie Cutter
- Pizza Crust Dough You can make you own if you wish
- 1 jar Pizza Sauce
- 5 String Cheese Sticks Halved and Sliced
- 12 Pepperoni Slices
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F and grease a baking tray.
- Using the star cookie cutter cut out a star from each pepperoni slice.
- With the round cookie cutter cut out 12 circles from the pizza dough and place on the baking sheet.
- Top the dough with pizza sauce.
- Then lay four slices of string cheese on top of the sauce to make stripes.
- Place one star pepperoni on theside of each pizza.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese melted then serve warm.
Other 4th of July Recipes to Cook with the Kids
- Nothing is better than lemonade when it’s hot and our easy lemonade recipe for kids to make is so simple your 4-year-old can do it!
- Tasty and quick-to-make these 4th of July decorated Oreos are perfect treats for Independence Day.
- Looking for a dessert the kids can make then our 4th of July Fruit Salad with Star Tortilla Chips is simple and taste amazing.
Ideas for 4th of July Fun with the Kids
Looking for even more ideas to celebrate and have fun with the kids this 4th of July then check out these activities, crafts and recipes for them to do.
- Check out our pick of the best ideas for activities and crafts to do with kids for the 4th of July or some of our favorites below.
- Easy Toddler Placemat Craft for the 4th of July
- Simple and Easy Flag Crafts to Make with Kids