It's been so nice having the kids at home over the holiday season it's meant that we have had a lot of time together and as normal some of that has been spent in the kitchen playing around with recipes. One of our favourite apple recipes we've cooked together I had to share with you is our Bite-sized dessert Apple Pie Cups to cook with kids. These were so easy to make and taste delicious I've decided that as they are so quick and "bite-sized" that they can also be one of our go-to Rainy Day Desserts when we need some sweet treats for everyone.
Bite-Sized Desserts Mini Apple Pies
We've decided to top ours with one of my kids favourite additions to all desserts at the moment - SQUIRTY CREAM!
But you could top these mini pies with ice-cream or even whipped cream.
I love how simple these are to make not only are they quick for desserts they also make a really simple party dessert which we ended up bringing to a New Year's Eve Party with our friends this year.
A word of warning you do need to grease the muffin tins - I like to use a sunflower oil as it doesn't have a taste but you can use butter or margarine as well. I haven't tried it with cake release spray so can't comment on whether that would work well or not.
In this recipe I've used Wonton Wrappers - they are found in the World Food Ailse in our local Tesco.
However, we also tried with Filo Pastry - but if you do use Filo you need to use multiple layers otherwise they won't hold the apple pie filling.
I like making my own Apple Pie Filing it's really easy - you can find the recipe over on our Apple Pie Topped Cupcakes however a can of filing will work just as well and makes these bite-sized desserts even easier to make.
Bite-Sized Apple Pies
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Grease the inside of a muffin tin using the sunflower oil.
- Press one wonton wrapper into the bottom of each hole in the muffin tin.
- Brush each of the wonton wrappers with a light coating of the oil.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over each wonton wrapper in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place a heaped spoon of the apple pie filling into each pie case.
- Then bake for 5 more minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little and top with either squirty cream or whipped cream or ice-cream.
More Apple Recipes to Bake
- Slow Cooker Apple Sauce
- Apple and Cinnamon Muffins to Cook with Kids
- Traditional Apple Crumble
- Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Pinwheel Apples