Autumn is slowly approaching and with it the colder mornings where a good hearty breakfast is needed. Porridge is one of our favourite warning breakfasts and this pumpkin and maple syrup porridge is ideal for a frosty fall morning to warm us up as a family and keep us going to lunch. Made in the instant pot, it’s really easy to do and in 20 minutes you can have delicious pumpkin porridge to enjoy.
Delicious Pumpkin, Maple and Pecan Porridge Recipe for the Instant PotJump to Recipe
School mornings can be a little bit hectic so quick and easy is the answer and the instant pot has been a lifeline to make sure that on those cold mornings we have delicious food that’s can warm us from the inside as well.
I first tried this with my brother and sister in the USA and over there they used a ready-made pumpkin coffee creamer.
But it’s really not something we have in the UK!
So a quick search on Pinterest and I came upon this Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer from Sally’s Baking Addiction and what’s more we make up a batch and it can last a week in the fridge perfect for mornings. We even used our own pumpkin puree from the pumpkins the kids grew in the garden.
Instant Pot Pumpkin, Maple and Pecan Porridge Recipe
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 90 g Porridge Oats
- 240 ml Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer See Notes for Recipe
- 480 g Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ground Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 55 g Pumpkin Puree
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Soft Bown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- chopped pecans for garnish
- In the pot of an instant pot add the oats, milk, creamer, salt and vanilla and give a quick stir.
- Close the instant pot lid.
- Set the vent to sealed.
- Press MANUAL and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Let the oatmeal natural release for at least 12 minutes.
- Release the pressure.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, soft brown sugar, and cinnamon into the porridge.
- Serve into 4 bowls.
- Add a sprinkle of chopped pecan nuts on top.
More Pumpkin Recipes for Autumn To enjoy as a Family
Make our delicious Pumpkin Muffins with a crumble topping – ideal for an after school snack for the kids.
We love our Butterbeer at Harry Potter Studios and these Butterbeer and Pumpkin Cookies taste amazing perfect for your little Harrys, Rons and Hermiones.
If you are looking for even more inspiration then check out our Pumpkin Spice Desserts for Autumn or Fall baking.