One of our favourite Mid-Week Family Meals is Chicken Fajitas. I always have some homemade fajita seasoning in the cupboard and you can guarantee that each week there will be fajitas on our meal plan for the family. Having got an Instant Pot recently one of the things I wanted to try and make in it was some chicken fajitas and this recipe couldn't be easier. So here we go our first Instant Pot Recipe for Easy Kid-Friendly Chicken Fajitas.
Don't worry if you haven't got an Instant Pot we have a really easy make-ahead Chicken Fajita recipe which we have used in the past.
Cooking Chicken Fajitas in the Instant Pot
One of the reasons I invested in an electronic pressure cooker was the time saver.
We are a busy family and although I have set a goal to meal plan this year so that we eat healthier and more budget-friendly it doesn't solve the problem that time is limited even when you work from home.
Investing in a pressure cooker aka The Instant Pot I hope that like our slow cooker and bread maker it will save me some time and make homemade meals much more time friendly.
It was so easy to make this recipe.
I just placed it in and let it cook. No watching and stirring so that it doesn't burn instead it was a simple one pot wonder then served with some homemade guacamole, sour cream, tomato salsa and cheese.
Instant Pot homemade kids chicken fajitas
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons homemade fajita seasoning
- 1 red sweet pepper sliced no thinner than 1/4 inch
- 1 medium white onion sliced no thinner than 1/4 inch
- water minimum required for the pressure cooker
- Pour water into the pressure cooker and place the trivet inside.
- Put the chicken breasts on top of the trivet.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon homemade fajita seasoning.
- Top the chicken with the sliced peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle with remaining fajita spice mix.
- Close and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure cooker to manual or pressure cook on high for 15 minutes depending on the number of chicken breasts.
- Quick release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken breast and vegetables from the pressure cooker.
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice or shred.
- Toss the chicken breasts pieces with vegetables and serve with tortillas and toppings.
More Chicken Recipes for Family Meals
Grilled Caribbean Chicken best served with salads