We love activities for nursery rhymes and songs here on Rainy Day Mum. They are a great way to link playing, learning and creating together. One of our favourite songs to sing with our babies, toddlers and preschoolers is Incy Wincy Spider. Today we're sharing with you some Nursery Rhyme Props to use with your tots to sing along to Incy Wincy Spider.
Incy Wincy Spider Nursery RHyme
You may know this rhyme as Itsy Bitsy Spider if you are in the USA but here in the UK, we call it Incy Wincy Spider. The words to this classic baby nursery rhyme can be found below.
Incy Wincy Spider, climbed up the water spout.
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sunshine and dried up all the rain.
And Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the spout again.
How to Use the Incy Wincy Spider Story Telling Props
We have linked to products that we recommend for this activity. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission.
Although we tend to use them to sing along with the baby holding them above or to the side of them as our tots get older we like to use them either for rhyme and storytelling treasure baskets or in a story sack.
Setting up Treasure Baskets and Story Sacks for TOts to Use
This can then be filled with the objects for the particular activity. When I do this activity with G I have a wooden bowl that I fill with the props so I can easily reach them as we sing the song together.
On the other hand, a story sack is easier to store especially if you are going to put together multiple ones. I like to store ours in fabric bags we then use fabric markers to decorate and add the names to them.
How to Make Your Own Incy Wincy Spider Nursery Rhyme Props
- Hot Glue Gun
- Draw a cloud shape on the white craft foam. Cut out with scissors.
- On the blue craft foam, draw and cut out some drop shapes for your raindrops.
- Cut different lengths of ribbon for them to hang down from the cloud.
- Cut a circle from the black craft foam for the spider's body.
- Now cut 8 leg shapes.
- With a hot glue gun attach the legs to the back of the spider's body.
- Glue 4 googly eyes to the front of the spider along the bottom.
- On the back of the spider glue a craft stick in place.
- Glue the ribbon to the back of each of the raindrops.
- Now glue the ribbons to the cloud.
- Scrunch up the tissue paper into a semi-sphere to make the sun.
- Now you are ready to play.
More Incy Wincy Spider Activities for Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers
Looking for more Incy Wincy Spider activities check out our collection for more inspiration or try 2 of our favourites.
Make your own Incy Wincy Spider Sensory Bin and play as you sing along to the nursery rhyme.
Create a giant spider's web with yarn as you spin your own with your toddlers and preschoolers.
More Nursery Rhyme Props to Use with Kids
Discover some more Nursery Rhyme Props with our collection all made with crafts sticks and foam so that they last.