We’re carrying out with our Grinch Theme and today have a Grinch-themed craft for you to make based on the Christmas storybook How the Grinch Stole Christmas as part of our storybook advent series here on Rainy Day Mum. Using craft supplies that we have readily available this Grinch is made from Popsicle Sticks (the large kind).
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
We have included affiliate links to products and resources we recommend. If you purchase through those links we may earn a small commission.
Join us this summer and get 4 weeks of fun activities to create and learn straight to your inbox.
This Dr Seuss Christmas classic is a fun storybook with a little message as well. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is full of the silly rhymes, made up words and wonderful characters that make Dr Seuss books stick out amongst other children’s books.
Materials Need to Create your Grinch Decoration
How to make your Grinch Popsicle Craft
- Select 5 craft sticks and colour them green. Let them Dry.
- Cut an additional craft stick in half this will secure the coloured craft sticks together.
- On the reverse of the craft sticks, you have coloured glue the two halves of the craft stick to secure them.
- Turn over and add a strip of glue to the bottom.
- Cut up the feathers and apply them to form the fur part around the bottom of the Grinch’s face.
- Place the crafts sticks on top of the red construction paper and draw a Santa hat shape.
- Cut out the Santa hat and add a pom pom to the end with the glue.
- Glue on the Santa’s hat to the craft stick face.
- Fold up your Pipe Cleaner to create a fuzzy edge for the hat.
- Attach the folded pipe cleaners to the bottom of the hat.
- Using a black sharpie draw on the Grinch’s face.
If you wish to turn this into a Christmas Decoration to hang on the tree then attach some ribbon to the back to hang it on the tree with.
More Grinch Inspired Crafts, Activities and Recipes for Kids
Pin this Grinch Christmas Craft to Make Later
Share this Christmas Decoration Craft for Kids with Others on Facebook