Today we have a Simple Grinch-inspired craft for you to make with your toddler or preschoolers. Creating Christmas Activities inspired by Books is one of our favourite ways to count down to Christmas. And of the Christmas picture books, we have featured here on Rainy Day Mum, one of our favourites is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Using craft supplies that we have readily available this Grinch Decoration is made from craft Sticks to create a Grinch Popsicle Stick Craft for Toddlers.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
We have included links to products and resources we recommend. If you purchase through those links we may earn a small commission.
This Dr Seuss Christmas classic is a fun storybook with a little message as well. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is full of the silly rhymes, made up words and wonderful characters that make Dr Seuss books stick out amongst other children’s books.
This easy popsicle stick Christmas craft is ideal to make after you and your toddler have read the Grinch book. So sit down get comfortable read the book and then create these popsicle stick ornaments for the Christmas tree.
Materials Needed to Create your Grinch Christmas Decoration Craft
Washable Lime Green paint (especially if doing this craft with younger children) or for older children you could use a Sharpie
Black Sharpie or Marker Pen
How to make your Grinch Christmas Popsicle Stick Craft for Toddlers
- Select 5 craft sticks and colour them green. Let them Dry.
- Cut an additional craft stick in half this will secure the coloured craft sticks together.
- On the reverse of the craft sticks, you have coloured glue the two halves of the craft stick to secure them.
- Turn over and add a strip of glue to the bottom.
- Cut up the feathers and apply them to form the fur part around the bottom of the Grinch’s face.
- Place the crafts sticks on top of the red construction paper and draw a Santa hat shape.
- Cut out the Santa hat and add a pom pom to the end with the glue.
- Glue on the Santa’s hat to the craft stick face.
- Fold up your Pipe Cleaner to create a fuzzy edge for the hat.
- Attach the folded pipe cleaners to the bottom of the hat.
- Using a black sharpie draw on the Grinch’s face.
If you wish to turn this into a Christmas Decoration to hang on the tree then attach some ribbon to the back to hang it on the tree with.
More Grinch Crafts, Activities and Recipes for Toddlers
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.