It’s time for treats and after heading to the movies this weekend to see The Grinch we have a special treat for you to make. If you haven’t noticed we are loving the Grinch this year and have had such fun with the different Grinch Themed crafts and activities inspired by the book How the Grinch Stole Christmas and the movies. Today’s recipe is a real treat. A fabulous Grinch Drink or Dessert in the form of a Glorious Green Grinch Freakshake.
Grinch Christmas Treats
Whether you are throwing a Grinch Themed Christmas Party or just want to treat the kids to a Grinch Movie Evening then this Freakshake Recipe takes care of your dessert and a drink as well.
We’ve made a healthy Grinch Smoothie before full of fresh produce and good for you. But this is pure indulgence and is so much more than the cupcakes that we usually share. So pick up your Grinch Christmas Drink Ingredients below and get creating this extreme milkshake recipe that’s a fun food for kids this Christmas.
Ingredients for your Grinch Milkshake Dessert
5 scoops of vanilla ice cream
125ml whole milk
1 container of white icing
1 white frosted doughnut
1 container of red ball sprinkles
2 round cookies
1 tube of green cookie icing
1 tube of yellow cookie icing
1 tube of brown cookie icing
1 tube of black cookie icing
1 box of the Little Debbie Christmas Tree treats (these a decorated brownie Christmas Tree Cakes)
Top Tip -> Suggestion: Have fun with decorating! Go to your local craft store and go crazy with sprinkles, cookie icings and etc…
Gloriously Green Grinch Freakshake Recipe
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 125 ml whole milk
- 1 container white frosting
- 1 white frosted donut
- green gel food coloring
- 1 container red nonpareils sprinkles
- 2 round cookies
- 1 tube green cookie icing
- 1 tube yellow cookie icing
- 1 tube brown cookie icing
- 1 tube black cookie icing
- 1 bag green candy melts
- 1 bag red candy melts
- 1 box Little Debby Christmas Tree treats
- 1 can whipped cream
- Using the cookie icing colours, decorate the round cookies however you would like! Just have fun! If you would like some Grinch Face inspiration check out some of the images on Google.
- In a microwave safe bowl, scoop out the frosting into the bowl and place in the microwave for 10 second to soften it up.
- Once soft, mix in a few drops of green gel food colouring until you get a slightly dark tone.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag and cut the tip.
- Pipe the frosting onto the milkshake glass to look like a drizzle around the edge.
- Do the same with the frosting onto the doughnut.
- Sprinkle the red sprinkles all over the frosting on the glass and doughnut.
- Using the frosting, pipe a thick line of frosting onto the top flat side of some chopsticks.
- Using alternating colours of the candy melts. Place about 5 green candy melts and 4 red candy melts onto 1 chopstick
- Repeat the step again with only using 4 green candy melts and 3 red candy melts
- Set aside so that the frosting can harden
- Pipe frosting onto two more sticks and place the decorated cookies onto the frosting
- Allow to dry
- Using one more chop stick, push the pointy side into the bottom of the Little Debby treat
- Set aside
- Using a blender, add in the 5 scoops of vanilla ice cream to the milk and blend until smooth.
- Blend in a few drops of green gel food colouring and mix until combined.
- Pour shake into prepared milkshake glass
- Place doughnut onto the rim of the milkshake.
- Carefully push the Little Debby stick into the centre back side of the doughnut.
- Using the two candy melt sticks, push them into the left side of the Little Debby treat.
- Carefully push in one of the decorated cookies into the right side of the doughnut.
- Then carefully push in the second decorated cookie into the left side in front of the candy melts.
- Pipe whipped cream into the center of the donut and enjoy!
More Grinch Treats for your Holiday Party
Easy Grinch Heart Sugar Cookies perfect for your kids to snack on.
Delicious and easy to make this Grinch Popcorn from Two Sisters Crafting is fun.
Make some Grinch Krispie Treats like these from Sprinkle Some Fun.
Make these EVER SO SIMPLE Grinch Nutter Butters that the kids will love to create and then enjoy.
Don’t Forget to Pin this Grinch Freakshake Recipe to Make Later
Share this Fun Freakshake Recipe with others on Facebook who Enjoy Fun Food