It’s warming up and the sun is shining so we’ve put together our list of favourite Spring Activities to do at home with your toddlers and preschoolers this year. Each activity is easy to do and you and your tots will have fun together with these quick and easy spring activities. So why not check off these simple activities as you do them at home with this spring bucket list for toddlers and preschoolers.
Spring Ideas to Do With your Toddlers and Preschoolers
These simple spring ideas are classics that we have enjoyed for years. From watching tadpoles to feeding the ducks on our daily walk.
If you are looking for crafts to do together as well then check out our Fun Spring Toddler and Preschool Crafts.
Check out our best books about spring for even more seasonal reading and picture books for your kids.
12 Simple Spring Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
If you would like a printable version to check off of this list of ideas then head to our store to get your FREE Printable Spring Bucket List for Toddlers and Preschoolers.
- Plant Seeds together – you can plant an egg carton seed tray on your window sill with lettuce and herbs in to eat check out which are the best seeds to grow with kids.
- Go on a Spring Scavenger Hunt – you can download a nature scavenger hunt here with cute images for you to complete.
- Feed the ducks and sing along to one of our popular Spring Nursery Rhymes – 5 little ducks went swimming one day.
- Find frog spawn and watch tadpoles grow into frogs. Find out how with our guide to raising tadpoles.
- Blow Bubbles in the sunshine – never run out of bubble mix again by making your own.
- Be Inspired by Daffodils – create a 3D picture or even paint some still-life pictures
- Grow your own beanstalk in a jar – see what happens below the soil
- Hunt for a rainbow and chase it to find the pot of gold at the end then return home and make your own Rainbow Board Game for the family to play.
- Make mud pies
- Watch the butterflies and then create a beautiful butterfly picture
- Fly a kite
- Put up bird and bug houses
Got more than one child at home and love to do crafts but finding it tricky? Check out our top tips for crafting with 2 or more kids under 4! We did it and so can you!
More Easy Ideas For You To DO Together This Spring
- Try some of these fun Ladybird Themed Crafts and Activities
- Inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar here’s some fantastic Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts and Activities to do together
- Hop on over and have a look at these fun Frog and Tadpole activities and crafts.
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.