I love it when I find a healthy treat that my kids love and when it will keep them cool in the summer as well it's a huge bonus. This homemade ice-cream pop is perfect for them to make at home and tastes delicious as well.
Fat Free Strawberry Ice-cream pops for kids to makeFat Free Strawberry Ice-cream pops for kids to make
Ingredients for Fat Free Strawberry Ice-cream Pops for kids
Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
Ice pop molds
Making Strawberry Ice-cream Pops
The strawberry season is just starting in the UK and I wish ours were ripe but the flowers have only just started to turn to fruit, so these were supermarket strawberries - however it would be great to make these after a strawberry picking trip, or even after growing them and picking them from your own garden.
Cut up a handful of the strawberries.
Pour half of a large tub of fat free natural yoghurt into a mixer and add the cut up strawberries and mix.
Pour some of the other half (about a 1/3 full) into the ice pop moulds.
Slice up another hand full of strawberries and add a few of these to the ice moulds.
Pour in the strawberry yoghurt mix on top of the fresh strawberries so that the ice moulds are now 2/3rds full.
Fill up the ice pop moulds with the remainder of the plain yoghurt
Place in the freezer - because of the yoghurt these take a little longer to freezer than those made with juice I left them in 24 hours before we ate them but I think after 6 hours they were probably frozen enough to eat.
- Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
- Ice pop moulds
- Wash and chop a small handful of strawberries.
- Pour half a tub of fat free natural yoghurt into the mixer, add the chopped strawberries and blend.
- Pour some of the reserved yoghurt into the ice pop moulds. Fill them about 1/3 full.
- Chop another handful of strawberries and place a few into the ice moulds.
- Pour in the strawberry yoghurt mix on top of the fresh strawberries until the ice moulds are 2/3 full.
- Fill up the ice pop moulds with the remainder of the plain yoghurt.
- Place in the freezer for 6+ hours until frozen.