It’s party season and were invited to a few this year I like to bring along some food and one of my go-to Appetiser recipes is this easy to make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs. The kids love helping to prepare them and you can warm them up again after they are cooked letting the mozzarella ooze out when you bite in. So here we go our delicious and easy bite-sized Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball recipe for Party Appetisers.
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
When I first opened my cookbook to find a recipe to take these Meatballs stood out – with one problem they called for Italian Sausage. From spending time with my sister-in-law and American friends I knew this wasn’t my traditional Italian Sausage like the one we used in our Italian Sausage Casserole instead it was a sausage meat flavoured with fennel and other herbs and spices that can be added to pizza or into a pasta sauce.
If you are in the USA and can get hold of this then do if not head over to our Italian Sausage recipe and use that instead. It also makes a delicious alternative to plain or lightly seasoned sausage meat for homemade sausage rolls and for stuffing balls for Christmas Dinner.
Easy Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs for Party Appetisers
- 226 g minced beef
- 226 g Italian sausage see our recipe for homemade Italian sausage especially for those in the UK
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg medium
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 113 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees or 170C in a fan assisted oven.
- Add the minced beef and everything but the cheese in a bowl.
- Using your hands, knead together the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the mixture out using a tablespoon and form into small circles.
- Add a pinch of shredded mozzarella cheese to the centre of each circle.
- Form a ball by pinching the ends of each disk together to seal in the cheese.
- Then roll them in your hand to shape into a ball.
- Place the meatballs in a greased baking dish or one lined with tin foil and cook for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and brown.
To Serve these Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
To serve these add a tooth pick to the meatball and serve with a delicious and simple tomato dip.
My daughter loves hers with ketchup and will happily consume a plate of them very quickly.
More Party Appetiser Recipes that Kids and You will Love
New Year’s Eve Party Appetisers that everyone will enjoy.
Summer Party Appetisers best served cold and made quickly in advance.
Pin These Stuffed Meatballs to Make for the Next Party you Host