We’re all about the Grinch at the moment with the new movie coming out soon and Christmas around the corner How the Grinch Stole Christmas Crafts and Activities are a fun way to welcome the season of celebration and festivities. This easy Grinch Ornament Crafts for Toddlers and Preschoolers is quick and really low mess to make and it fills my “green loving” J with joy to create. So get out the Christmas Crafting Supplies and makes these quick grinch crafts perfect for some simple Toddler Christmas Crafts.
Check out our latest Grinch Themed EASY recipe for Kids to Make in the video below
How the Grinch Stole Christmas DIY Ornaments for Toddlers
We found a box of green ornaments for sale at the end of the year and used these in our toddler group to make these quickly when we read the book out loud.
With the toddler group, I prepared everything in advance bought a bag of ready cut foam hearts (they too were on sale at the end of Valentines Day last year) and let the mums and toddlers make them themselves. Some turned out with many many many hearts on them. Whereas others just liked to put one on and move onto the next activity.
Don’t forget to dig out your How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr Seuss Book and either head to the cinema or find the movie this Christmas.
Materials Needed for these Quick Grinch Decorations for Toddlers to Make
We have included links to the materials to make this craft in case you need to stock up on supplies. If you buy via the links we may earn a small commission.
- Green Christmas Ornaments
- Red Foam Glitter Hearts (you can also make your own out of foam paper)
- Tacky Glue
- Red Ribbon
How to Make The Grinch Stole Christmas Craft for Toddlers
- In advance take your ribbon and cut a few strands long enough to make ornament hooks with a loop. Place these in a bowl for you and your toddler to use.
- Put the hearts into a separate bowl and the baubles as well.
- Take a foam heart and the tacky glue now glue the heart onto the green ornaments.
- Let your toddler create how they want. If they want more than one heart – well the Grinches Heart Grew and Grew and Grew so they can have more hearts if they want.
- Now it’s time to take those strands of ribbon and thread them onto the ornament.
- Either tie the ribbon into a bow at the top or tie a knot.
- Hang on your Christmas Tree and enjoy a Grinch Inspired Christmas Movie or Book Night with the little ones.
More DIY Ornaments for Toddlers to Make
Try some of these easy Christmas Crafts that are perfect for toddlers to make. Click on either the image or the blue underlined link to take you straight to the How to with complete supplies list and easy step-by-step instructions for these Christmas Craft Ideas for Tots.
Inspired by The Nutcracker make some Sugar Plum Fairy Peg Dolls your toddlers will love colouring in the pegs and attaching the tutus.
Make simple Felt Christmas Tree Ornaments with your Toddlers.
Decorate your Christmas Tree with these Simple Rudolph Peg Ornaments to make with Toddlers.
More Christmas Activities for Toddlers
Find even more inspiration of Crafts, Activities, Play and Recipes for Christmas with Toddlers
Don’t Forget to Pin This SIMPLE Grinch Inspired Decoration for Toddlers and You To Make