When a friend messaged me with "I've got an idea I want to make with the kids for my wedding" we couldn't say no. She wanted to make some eco-favours for her wedding and had decided that seed bombs would be great to make and give filled with her grandmother's favourite flower seeds. So the week before her wedding we sat down with the kids - her toddler and my two and created these ever so easy DIY Seed Bombs.
Materials Needed for your Easy DIY Seed Bombs
How to make DIY Seed Bombs
- When you are making anything with kids make sure that you have collected EVERYTHING that you need together in one place.
- Start off by putting the seeds into a tray.
- Then add in the compost and mix together well.
- Wet your hands and break off a small marble sized piece of clay.
- Flatten the clay on your palm and add in a little soil/seed mix.
- Mix together and roll into a ball.
- Leave on a baking tray in the sun to dry.
What you need for the Favour Boxes
Want to be prepared and get the equipment ahead of time for the favour boxes check out the list of what we used below.
Other options for DIY Seed Bombs
We liked using what we had available at home for our seed bombs but I discovered two alternative ways of creating them.
Using Potters Powder Red Ted Art has a method that produces large seed balls ideal for larger favours for your wedding.
Make some seed bomb eggs with this method from Me and My Shadow.
Twig and Toadstool has some beautiful rainbow seed bombs made with recycled paper.