Chocolate Crispy nests are a fun recipe to cook with kids all year round although especial fun at Easter time.
This version uses Rice Crispies although you will also find a shredded wheat chocolate nest here on Rainy Day Mum as well.
So here you go our easy Rice Crispy Chocolate Nests to cook with toddlers and up at home this spring and Easter.
This is one of the easiest recipes we have cooked with our kids. From toddlers through to teens they will be able to make these delicious nests for everyone to enjoy this spring.
Looking for more recipes check out our best recipes for Cooking with Toddlers
Recipe for Chocolate Easter Nests
This recipe will make approximately 40 chocolate nests of a small cupcake size.
Ingredients for these Simple spring nests
We have used milk cooking chocolate in the recipe below however, you may find that your children prefer to use Dairy Milk or similar when making these cakes.
- Milk Cooking Chocolate
- Rice Krispies
- Mini Marshmallows
- Cadbury Mini Eggs To Decorate
How to make your Simple Rice Crispy Chocolate Nests
Instead of the kitchen counter we prefer to make these cakes at the table this provides lots of room for the little and big ones to mix and stir without fear of things being knocked over.
When the eggs are mixed it's important that they are left to cool completely you can place them in the fridge to do this.
Simple Rice Crispy Chocolate Nests
- Heat proof bowl
- Small Saucepan
- Wooden Spoon
- Cupcake Cases
- 300 g Cooking Chocolate
- 200 g Rice Krispies
- 50 g Mini Marshmallows
- 120 Chocolate Mini Eggs to decorate
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl, over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Add the rice crispies to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Then add in the mini marshmallows and mix again
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Add 3 mini eggs to the top to decorate.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3hours or until the chocolate is completely set.