I spend a lot of time cooking, whether it's meals for the kids and us or if it's my weekly bread and cake baking session the kitchen becomes the heart of the home. Dreaming of what our kitchen will be like in our forever home and what we want our favourite room to be like takes up some of my daydreaming time.
One of my wishes is to have some integrated appliances, I will admit that with my current kitchen I made a mistake and the oven that we choose which is integrated just can't cope with cooking for a family, it maybe double oven but it fits in the space that most single ovens fit in. So when asked by Beko to create a dream kitchen mood board switching out or oven comes high on my priorities.
Yes I love the idea of a range but the thought of that cleaner and don't have that sort of space however, using available space even our current kitchen with some rearrangements we could fit in a full sized oven plus grill/second oven and larger hob no problems and the Beko Integrated hobs and ovens would do just that.
1. Built in ovens make more sense, off the floor even better especially with kids - I don't know how many times I've shouted at my kids as they get near as I open the oven door onto the floor - building in the oven onto a floor to ceiling cupboard with storage over the top and underneath would be safer for the kids and stop the fear for me. So the Beko Built in Double Fan oven which doubles as a grill and is 90cm tall is perfect - ohhh and being black is an added bonus although stainless steel and chrome look great they are horrid to clean and need constant cleaning.
2. I love cooking with gas - I've tried electric ovens - for 5 years at university I was able to burn water it wasn't just that it was different than cooking on a gas hob but it was that I couldn't get it to work at all - now give me a gas oven and I can cook everything I want, boil, simmer, caramelized and no problems whatsoever. I often have pots on at different times so the more hobs the better and Beko do a 5 station built in hob - streamlining on our clean granite surface would be perfect.
3. Shaker style kitchens are my style they have stood the test of time, at the moment we have an oak version, however it can be so dark and although it does hide fingerprints as the kids get older those will be less and moving from an oak to a cream painted version with butler sink and lots of light wood surfaces and light walls, if a room is to be the heart of the home then it needs to let in light no matter what the weather is like.
4. We're a gadget family, and I bake a lot, plus we've got lots of cups, glasses etc... as before kids we used to have friends around a lot for meals so storage is important and I love the idea of a pantry - especially if it frees up cupboard space and moves up everything off the surfaces so they are quick and easy to clean and mean we can cook and bake easier - a standalone pantry would be fantastic that I could put all of my cooking and baking supplies in. Beautifully organised and hidden away.
5. Growing our own herbs for cooking (as well as our own vegetables and fruit) is one of our goals, during the winter months in the UK this isn't easily possible, so we need to grow them on the kitchen windowsill, and using old tea tins makes such a beautiful arrangement for the kitchen window and avoids the clutter.
6. Eating together as a family is one of our most important weekly goals, we can't always manage evening meals due to the hours my husband wakes and the age of our kids but every weekday we get up and enjoy breakfast together, having a breakfast nook which could double as a table for the kids to do homework at, art and crafts and sit and play at is perfect, it creates the family atmosphere for the kitchen that I really want.
7. With a family kitchen there's lots of option for art work for the walls, but nothing is better than displaying your kids art work - yes the fridge door makes a great way to display but it's not big enough and I actually love the look of a clear white fridge in the kitchen, instead adding wires like this to hang the artwork on with a some cute homemade "Our Art", "Kids Art", "J and T's Art" letters added makes the house a home.
What would make your dream kitchen?
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Beko Built-in-appliances.