With all my dancing posts and getting moving when I received a package from Rainbow Creations in the mail and it included some bells and ribbon in I knew exactly what I wanted to make for J and T – some Dancing bells.
5-Day Activity Challenge for Kids
READ - PLAY - CREATE - LEARN - HAVE FUN!
Create memories and have fun with your kids!
Join the FREE Spring Activity Challenge
Full of Hands-on activities ideal for Spring!
What you need to make the DIY Dancing Bells
Hook and Eye
How to make DIY Dancing Bells
- Cut the ribbon to a suitable length – I gave myself extra length for each section but out of the strip I have made 3 sets of dancing bells.
- Arrange the bells in an order – the bells mustn’t be touching (if they touch then they don’t seem to make a noise)
- With each bell I placed it on the ribbon and sewed it in place (in the pictures I’m using a white thread to make it easy to see but with the other sets of dancing bells I have used a brown thread to match the ribbon.
- I must say now my hand sewing isn’t very neat at all – but if you were to use a co-ordinated thread then it wouldn’t matter as it would be hidden in the ribbon.
- Once I had 3 bells in place I attached the hook and eye to the smallest end of the ribbon by sewing it in place – To attach it I placed the rough hard edge on the end of the ribbon on the opposite side as the bells.
- Once attached I went and measured it around J and T’s ankles and marked where the soft part of the hook and eye needed to go – because they are very similar in size there wasn’t much difference in size between then and I was able to use the same size for both to use.
- I placed the soft side of the hook and eye on the same side as the bells and then sewed it into place. I cut off excess ribbon.
- Then we danced
Disclaimer – I received the bells and ribbon from Creative Rainbow to review but the thoughts and instructions are all my own opinions