We love having Christmas Crackers but over recent years have been put off buying them because of the number of plastic tat inside. So this year we’ve got creative with our printer and made our own set of Character Crackers that you can download and print as well. We’re then filling with a gift for each member of the family and a little charade as well to keep the fun going over Christmas Dinner. So here we go how to make printable Christmas Crackers with the kids.
This is a sponsored post as an Epson Ambassador about using the EcoTank ET-7700 Printer to get crafty this Christmas with the kids.
Printable Christmas Cracker Craft
Back at the beginning of the month, we introduced our new printer an EcoTank ET-7700 from Epson.
It’s been fantastic helping us create some fun games and activities coming up in December plus these Christmas Crackers that are so easy to make and get creative with the kids.
The EcoTank range of printers are great for families!
We have it connected throughout the house. Meaning that we can get crafty at the kitchen table (the only space big enough for 3 of us to sit together) and print directly to the study.
So downloading crafts like the ones on the Kids’ Corner on our mobile and then printing is so simple.
These Crackers though I got creative and designed myself based on 3 of our favourite Christmas books that we are featuring for Storybook Advent this year!
We’ve got Santa and Rudolph, The Nutcracker, and of course The Snowman.
Make your Own Character Christmas Crackers
When we set about making these I decided that instead of having them “bang” we would just create them as Christmas Dinner gift boxes for the family.
But then the kids said “what about Boxing Day too” so another set was printed out and made as well.
I love that the EcoTank ET-7700 has around 14,000 pages that can be printed with the ink that it comes with.
Even with colouring pages, homework, photographs and crafts I don’t think we’re going to run out of ink any time soon!
But back to the Crackers. Below you will find our link to the printable A4 Crackers (if you want them in letter size they will be available soon).
We’ve also included a bonus plain version that you can print out onto card and then decorate as you want.
We’ve included the materials that the kids used and how to make as well. Which is also printable so you can put away the screens once you’ve got everything ready and make these for Christmas yourself.
Printable Character Christmas Crackers
- Craft Knife (scissors will wok but a craft knife will give a better edge)
- Cutting Board
- Pair of Scissors
- printable crackers
- card white to go into your printer
- PomPoms multitude of colours
- ribbon different colours
- googly eyes
- double-sided sticky tape
- Print out the character crackers. If you want matching then just select the 1 character you want and print as many copies as you want. Don't forget there is a plain version so you and the kids can decorate it as you wish.
- Using a craft knife cut out the cracker so you have just the coloured design.
- With a ruler score along the centre of the diamonds.
- And along the black lines either side.
- Fold, away and towards you so create the folds needed for construction of the cracker.
- Now inside the white diamonds cut so that they will create a way to fold the ends together.
- Fold so that the triangles come out of the plain side of the card this will create the 2 ends of the cracker.
- Add doubled sided sticky tape along the long edge in 3 parts. each end section and then the middle part.
- Roll the cracker and attach.
- If you are filling now is the time to fill.
- Once filled take the ribbon and tie around the end of the cracker.
- Then it's time to get creative. You can add decorations, colour and more to create your own Character Crackers as below.