It always amazes me the cost of cards we pay in the shop when it is so easy to make your own. With a few materials, you and your kids can make a very simple and quick valentines card and it won’t cost you anything. Have a go at this Cut Out Heart Card with your kids today.
Card to make the card
Paper in different colours
Join us this summer and get 4 weeks of fun activities to create and learn straight to your inbox.
How to Make a Cut Out Heart Card
If you have any ready-made card blanks skip the first step.
1. Fold your large piece of card in half to make your card. I made a large card, and T made a small card.
2. On the inside front cover of the card, draw some hearts: 1 large or as many smaller hearts as you want.
3. Cut out the hearts – poke a hole in the middle of the heart first and then insert the scissor blade and cut out and around the edge of the heart
4. With a ruler, mark out a few strips of paper from the different colours you have
5. Cut out the strips of paper
6. Place the strips of paper on the inside front of the card covering the cut out hearts
7. Using sticky tape, secure in place
8. If you wish, add some text to the card. T is learning to write and read so I write the words she wants to use and she copies them as best she can.
By making your own cards and gifts for Valentines day it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money and combined with our 12 Money Saving Date Night at home Ideas with the FREE downloadable coupons, you can save money this Valentine’s Day. Check out TSB’s Joint Accounts for ways that you can both save money this Valentine’s Day.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of TSB