With Valentine’s Day around the corner, it’s time to get creative with your preschoolers and this simple preschool Valentine’s Craft is ideal to make with them. It will need a little help from you but scroll down to the end to find some other ideas which are toddler and preschool friendly to make together too. So here is our simple and easy how to make Valentine’s Day Card with Preschoolers. A Cut Out Heart Card with Coloured Stripes.
Materials Needed to make this Simple Valentines Card Craft with Kids
We have included links to the products we used for this craft on Amazon. If you buy via the link we may earn a small commission.
PRINTABLE FUN VALENTINES GAMES IN OUR RAINY DAY MUM STORE
Some fun Valentine’s Cards for Toddlers and Preschoolers to make too!
How to Make a Valentine’s Card with Preschoolers
- Fold your large piece of card in half to make your card. I made a large card, and T made a small card.
- On the inside front cover of the card, draw some heart shaped: 1 large or as many smaller hearts as you want.
- Cut out the hearts – poke a hole in the middle of the heart first and then insert the scissor blade and cut out and around the edge of the heart
- With a ruler, mark out a few strips of paper from the different colours you have
- Cut out the strips of paper
- Place the strips of paper on the inside front of the card covering the cut-out hearts
- Using sticky tape, secure in place
- If you wish, add some text to the card. T is learning to write and read so I write the words she wants to use and she copies them as best she can.
Check out our selection of Valentine’s Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers for some selections to add to your book box to read aloud.
More Valentines Cards to Make with Kids
These Valentine cards are easy to make with toddlers so ideal for you and your preschoolers to make together too!
Make a simple Valentine’s Card with Bubble Wrap Printed Hearts – an ideal Toddler Craft for Valentine’s Day.
Another great Toddler and Preschool Card to Make for Valentine’s is this simple Tissue Paper Heart Card.
More Valentine’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
Looking for more ideas for Valentine’s Day to do with your preschoolers and other kids. Then check out our ideas for Simple Valentine’s Day Crafts below.
Look for inspiration for more Valentine’s Crafts to do with preschoolers with our Ideas for Valentine’s Crafts for Kids
Cerys is a marine biologist, environmental educator, teacher, mum, and home educator from the UK. She loves getting creative, whether it is with simple and easy crafts and ideas, activities to make learning fun, or delicious recipes that you and your kids can cook together you'll find them all shared here on Rainy Day Mum.