We love our desserts here on Rainy Day Mum and like to make them a little more festive this time of year. This Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding recipe is based on a classic or traditional Bread and Butter Pudding but because of the richness of the eggnog and sugars we aren’t buttering the bread instead just adding it at the end for a little extra flavour! So here we go our Christmas Bread and Butter Pudding recipe for you and to enjoy this holiday season.
Bread and Butter Pudding
This is one of our favourite desserts for family meals. It’s easy to throw together and like our Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding, you can make it a little special or different by adding a few extra ingredients.
This Festive Christmas Eggnog version of the traditional dessert contains one of my favourite ingredients available this time of the year cranberries! Scroll down to the end to find more cranberry recipes to make for Christmas treats for the family.
Christmas Eggnog Bread and Butter Pudding with Vanilla Bourbon Sauce
Bread and Butter Pudding Ingredients
- 12 inch loaf of French bread cubed at least a day old
- 500 ml eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g unsalted butter melted
- 100 g cranberries fresh
Vanilla and Bourbon Sauce
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup single cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp. Bourbon
Bread pudding directions:
- Put your cubed stale bread in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the first five ingredients.
- Mix together until the sugar has dissolved. (Eggnog, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.)
- Pour the eggnog mixture (in the medium-sized bowl) over the bread cubes.
- Add your fresh cranberries.
- Toss lightly so all bread cubes are coated.
- Pour the bread pudding into the prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the bread pudding.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar mixture over the top of the bread pudding.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. (Or until set and the top begins to turn golden brown).
- Remove it from the oven.
- Set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in pan over med heat and stir until it thickens.
- Allow it to come to a full boil about 5-8 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and Bourbon.
- Drizzle over bread pudding.
More Christmas Desserts and Recipes to Cook
Why not make some Bite-Sized Mince Pie Stacks ideal for Part Desserts at Christmas Time.
Indulge in this delicious Baileys Fudge one of our favourite Slow Cooker Fudges to make.
Try making a set of our delicious Cranberry Crumble Bars perfect to share with family and friends this time of the year.
Get making memories in the kitchen with these Easy Christmas Eve Cookies to Cook with Kids and leave for Santa.
Why not Pin this Eggnog Bread Pudding to Make Later