One of my favourites as a child for pudding was bread and butter pudding – with fruit and sugar it was always delicious – however my kids have tried my family recipe before and didn’t like it so we decided to switch things around a bit and create a Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding which is so easy the kids can make it with you. The original recipe I made with the kids had used wholewheat bread however, we’ve switched it up and improved using some slightly stale white bread that would have been used for bread crumbs otherwise.
Ingredients for Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
3 slices of white bread
Chocolate chips a small handful
1/2 pint of milk
6 tsp Drinking Chocolate Powder
1 large egg
How to Make Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
- Start by spreading the bread with chocolate spread
- Cut the bread into triangles and remove the crusts
- Lay the bread into a pyrex dish
- Make sure that the whole of the base is covered.
- In a jug mix the milk and drinking chocolate powder
TOP TIP – Microwave the milk for 30 seconds and then add the drinking chocolate powder – this will make the chocolate milk much quicker
- Add the egg and whisk
- Pour over the bread
- Then sprinkle with Chocolate Chips
- Using the back of a spoon push the mixture in so that all of the bread is covered in the chocolate milk.
- Place in an oven for 25 minutes at 200C
Best Served with Vanilla Ice-Cream whilst it’s still warm.
No fuss Easy Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding to make with and for the kids as an occasional treat. Perfect for a mid-week dessert.
- 3 Slices White Bread Slightly Stale
- Chocolate Spread
- 150 g Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 pint Milk You can make this Chocolate Milk if you wish
- 6 tsp Drinking Chocolate Powder
- 1 medium Egg
Spread the bread with Chocolate Spread
Cut into Small Triangles and remove the crusts
Lay in the bottom of a greased baking dish
Make up the milk and drinking chocolate powder
Whisk the milk and egg in a jug
Pour over the bread
Sprinkle with chocolate chips - you could layer the bread and the chocolate chips
Place in 200C oven (fan assisted) for 30 minutes until set
More recipes for Kids to Cook with you
Pin this Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe to make later