On our walk to school during the last few weeks of term, we passed under some cherry trees. The fruit was just becoming ripe and then school broke up for summer and now we are back to school all of the cherries have gone. I had great ideas for collecting some and then using them for a cheesecake bar similar to how our Raspberry and Vanilla Cheesecake Bars turned out. Wanting the taste so much I turned to my store cupboard and found a can of cherry pie filling that would work just as well for the recipe I had in mind. So here it is my favourite Cherry Pie flavoured Cheesecake Brownie Bars.
How to Make your Cherry Pie Cheesecake Brownie Bars
In the recipe that I have below, I've made my own Brownie mix but a cake box will work it's just not as tasty I much prefer making cakes from scratch.
Although I have suggested the heat for the oven adjust it and the timings as you would normally for cooking in your own.
Ingredients for Cherry Pie Cheesecake Brownie Bars
We have included links to the ingredients and equipment that we used to create the recipe. If you buy via our links we will earn a small commission.
Brownie Batter Ingredients
225 g melted unsalted butter (cooled slightly)
530 g sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
4 large eggs (room temp)
170 g plain flour (all purpose)
125 g cocoa
½ tsp salt
Cherry Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
226 g cream cheese (room temp)
1 large egg (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
113 g sugar
297 g cherry pie filling
Tips for Making the Best Baked Cherry Pie Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Make sure that you line your cake pan properly - even when I use a silicone cake pan I line it with parchment paper so that it is easy to remove the baked brownie bars as well as preventing the cheesecake bars from sticking to the tin.
- Although the recipe says to use a stand mixer before I got mine I used to make them by hand make sure that you cream the sugar and butter together really well it takes some elbow grease but it is possible.
- When choosing a Vanilla Extract the natural ones are 100x better than artificial versions. I like the Nielsen-Massey Madagascan Vanilla Extract - yes it's a little more expensive but the flavour is so much better and it lasts a long time.
- If you would like a "marbled" look to the top of your brownie cheesecake bars when you add the final layer of brownies use a skewer to spread it into the cheesecake batter.
Cherry Pie Cheesecake Brownie Bars
Brownie Mix Ingredients
Cherry Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
- 226 g cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 113 g sugar
- 297 g cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Line 13 x 9-inch cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the butter mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Pour ½ of the Brownie mix into the lined cake tin.
- Spread around the bottom of the cake tin and set aside.
Cherry Cheesecake Filling
- In a stand mixer or with an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Spoon this cheesecake base on top of the brownie batter and gently spread over the brownie batter.
- Take large spoonfulls of the cherry pie filling and place on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Gently spread the cherry pie filling you could use a skewer to mix it for a more marbled effect.
- Scoop the rest of the brownie batter on top of the cherry pie layer.
- Gently spread the brownie batter making it so that you can see some of the cheesecake and cherry pie coming through still.
- Place in the centre of the preheated oven.
- Bake for around 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temp.
- Then chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours before cutting into squares.
Shop This Recipe
Here's the equipment that we used to make this recipe for Cherry Cheesecake Brownie Bars.
This is the Cake tin/baking pan we used for making the recipe it is a deep pan 9 x 13 inches and the pan that I use for most bars and flat cake recipes.
For years I mixed everything by hand, I even had a hand mixer that you turned the cogs to get it beating faster. Then a couple of years ago I decided to get a stand mixer. I have never looked back. Although I would love a kitchen aid just for the look of it the mixer which is over half the price is a LOT cheaper than those and does exactly what I need it to do.
I bulk buy my parchment paper and although I have tried traditional greaseproof paper I do find that the silicone coated paper is better. This unbleached parchment paper is much kinder to the environment than those which have been bleached and works just as well.
More Delicious Bars and Cakes to Make
Pin These Cherry Pie Cheesecake Brownie Bars to Bake Later
Share This Cheesecake Bar with Cherry Pie Filling and Brownie Base with Others on Facebook